Baddest lawn mower on the planet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baddest lawn mower on the planet!

Pulled out the ol Honda yesterday and she fired right up. I've had this mower for 23 years and got it used from a guy that had a lawn service. It's been rode hard and just keeps on runnin. This model was only built from 1986-1988. It needs to be in the Honda Hall of Fame!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Goldeneagle; 04-18-2018, 05:42 AM. Reason: CRS disease

Don't let them put it in the hall of fame. Anything you replace it with will die in 3 years or less. Make them pry it from your cold dead hands.

Comment

Yeah the new hondas are junk unless your buying their commercial line. The transmissions all fail and your stuck w a heavy push mower. The one you have my parents have too. They bought it in 90 something and it ran like a champ till this past yr.

Comment

Yep. That mower made me hate push mowing as a kid. I always wished it would break down so I didn't have to use it anymore, but it never did. It worked great, I just didn't like using it.

In my mind, I could get everything with the weed eater & ride on. But my dad made us push mow first. On a 2 acre yard, that got old quick. I swore I would never own one when I got my own place, and guess what? I don't own one...LOL.

Comment

That looks like the mower I have. Mine still starts on the first pull.

Comment

Once you go Honda ya' never go back.

Comment

I have the exact same mower dad have it to me when I bought my house he bought it the year I was born 1986 starts every spring on the first pull its amazing

kronik by Diamond

Comment

I have a 15 year old Honda that I use to mow my creek bottom. There's no room for it in the garage so I just leave it out in the weather all year uncovered. Every spring I think it won't start and it fires right up after a few pulls. The self propelled went out years ago so at this point its really just a test to see how long it will last. Haven't checked or changed the oil in 5 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  Once you go Honda ya' never go back.
                  Kinda like a Honda 4 wheeler. Nothing better!

Comment

Back when binge were built to last....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the exact same mower. My dad bought it for me to mow yards with for spending money. Still cranks on the first pull.

Comment

what would be real impressive is if it still had the original blade.

Comment

Think I have the same one.

About a year ago, my riding lawnmower started acting up and I needed to mow the ditches.

The wifes dad gave he his old pushmower and she told me that she hasn't used it since '06. I put fuel in it and it started on the first pull. Sucker is a cutting machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            what would be real impressive is if it still had the original blade.
                            I put a mulching kit on it many years ago.

For the record, HR194-GE is on the tag but parts catalog shows it as a HR194-SX.

Comment

I guarantee you if my son mowed the yard with it one time it would break

Comment

Working...
                              X