New lease = new tactic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New lease = new tactic

Well I finally got on a lease. It's a small lease and I know most the guys on it. All layed back good people. You pick you out a couple spots to hunt and everyone stays away from each others spots. I like it!!
    So since I'm the new guy everyone already has established spots. So I get what's left over.
    Well.... bout the only thing left is the thick stuff. Which I like!!!!
    The kid closest to me set up in the easiest to reach spots so headed to the creek bottom. My initial thought was to use the creek and or its edges for access but on my way in I found several good trails and a fresh bed along the creek. So I'll have to find another way in.
    I eventually found a small area that wasn't to thick to set up. I wanted to do a corn pile but I'm worried about hogs eating it all and I didnt want to set up a feeder and alert anything so instead I decided to hang a bucket feeder high in a tree.
    Last edited by Randy Madden; 11-03-2017, 04:49 PM.

Good luck. You sitting there now?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I took my bow fishing rig
      Shot over a limb and then pulled my feeder up about 16-18 feet. ( forgot to take a pic of that)
      Set up a camera and anxious to see what I get pics of. I did find a good rub about 10 yrds behind where I hung the feeder
      It's only been running for 2 days but I'm gonna go check the camera tomorrow mid afternoon just to see

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
        Good luck. You sitting there now?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
        No sir, taking my daughter out for her bday. I'll check cams tomorrow and then formulate a plan

Comment

Good luck at your new spot!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck! Clever to shoot rope over limb -- that's way up!

Comment

Looks like a good spot.

Comment

Looks good

Hope you have great luck

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                  Good luck! Clever to shoot rope over limb -- that's way up!
                  Agree

Kinda of surprising no one else wanted the creek bottoms, they must have some really good spots.

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
                    Agree

Kinda of surprising no one else wanted the creek bottoms, they must have some really good spots.
                    Honestly, not taking anything away from them but they are not what I would consider hard core hunters. It is really really thick getting down to the creek and They set up in the easiest most accessible places they could. They have some really good bucks on camera. I'm hoping the pressure of gun season pushes them deeper in the woods where I'll be waiting!
                    Only hope they don't get mad when the new Trad guy or his daughters kill their target bucks!!
                    Last edited by Randy Madden; 11-03-2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Good looking spot Randy. Hope you kill a big one!!

Comment

I've had friends like that. But when you rifle hunt you want to be able to see more ground. Whole different mind set. Good hunting on the place. Keep us in the loop.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

It is always exciting to get on a new lease. Good luck to you.

Comment

That's a pretty good idea! I've been tying my cord to rock and chunking them up!
                            Hope you get some good pics!

Comment

Good luck on your spot in East Texas. I posted this on another thread but look at the Outpost Feeder www.outpostfeeder.com I have one and it holds a little over 20 pounds of corn and can feed up to 4 times/day. I have mine spinning 2 seconds x 2 times/day and it spins out about 10 pounds per week.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X