Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
    Fewer place for us to go... lol

Every duck hunter in this side of the lake will be out there! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haha! Ya, I keep forgetting about all the Quacker Smackers-

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Was out this afternoon. Muddy as could be. Creeks are still high and moving water. Not much to report other than duck hunters were in full force!

Comment

any new reports?

is it still flooded? lots of ducks? anybody see deer moving?

Comment

If you want to know if the deer are moving you gonna have to get out Ha! Just kidding

Comment

Comment

I found some Deer and scrapes, bigger bucks seem to be night time only. I've been out there a lot the past 2 weeks. Waiting for a good one to slip up.

Comment

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Here is a legal one but not the one I'm looking for.

Comment

Interested in the duck reports, anyone dropping ducks on Somerville this past week?

Comment

Originally posted by Je3749 View Post
                    Interested in the duck reports, anyone dropping ducks on Somerville this past week?
                    I dont know about on the lake, but ponds near the lake have hardly any birds. Checked like 6 ponds yesterday and only found about 10 birds. Warm weather moved them on. Hoping cold front moves some more birds in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm fairly new to Texas hunting, only was relocated here (active Army) late last summer. I just have a few questions about Somerville
                      1-Whats the predominate wind direction?
                      2-Will I be able to use a climber stand?

I appreciate it!

Comment

Wind is normally from the South to South East, unless a front is / has come through.
                        Climber stand will be difficult. Not a lot of straight trees to pick from from what I have seen.

Comment

JSBrit, thanks for the info. I have a hang on stand, and a ground blind. Its a bit different over here in the Hill Country compared to hunting in the NE states, but I am slowly learning. Looking forward to getting out in the woods this fall!

Comment

There's no deer in Sville... just a heads up. Don't go in with high hopes. Sville deer are some of the smartest in the state. They can both pick out a pop up and lock on from a mile out. Enjoy your season and good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkhawk37 View Post
                              I'm fairly new to Texas hunting, only was relocated here (active Army) late last summer. I just have a few questions about Somerville

1-Whats the predominate wind direction?

2-Will I be able to use a climber stand?

I appreciate it!

Assuming your at hood. Man look into hunting there on post. A lot bigger deer.

Comment

Im at Ft Sam in SA. Camp Bullis is one of the most expensive posts to hunt on. I am a bit shocked at the cost to hunt in Texas, especially since my last duty station was Ft Drum, NY which was free to hunt on. I will look into some other WMAs as well, just trying to do a low cost DYI hunt instead of having to drop 100 plus dollars a day just to bow hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X