Platform and roof for pop up blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Platform and roof for pop up blinds

I know lots of folks make a platform to set your pop up blind on but does anyone make a permanent roof over it also? And how tall off the ground are y’all making the platforms. I have a spot I’d like to put a box in but I need to be at least 4-5 feet off the ground. I was thinking of a platform with a pop up.

I bought 2, 10 foot 4’x4’s. Cutvthem in half and built my platform 6’x6’. Peanut room to build. Bix or put a krivoman on if I go that route. Never thought about roof for platforms, tagged for what others say

Comment

Thought about it but if I'm going to the trouble of building a roof, whats 4 more walls?

My pop up platform will be 4 ft off the ground with a trap door in the floor to get in/out

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
        Thought about it but if I'm going to the trouble of building a roof, whats 4 more walls?

My pop up platform will be 4 ft off the ground with a trap door in the floor to get in/out
        Four feet ? Trapdoor ? I don’t see that working too well unless you’re three feet tall. Enlighten me.

Comment

I built an 8'X8' platform 10' tall for my pop up I should have gone 10'X10' 8' tall

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            Four feet ? Trapdoor ? I don’t see that working too well unless you’re three feet tall. Enlighten me.
            I dont see the issue? Crouch underneath the platform, flip the door open, pull yourself in and close the door.

Comment

Never thought about a roof over a pop up but it is an interesting idea - especially if it is in an open area. The shade would be helpful I would think.

Comment

Found this pic of some. They said everything is screwed or bolted together if they wanted to changed locations or got off the lease it’s easier to take down and move that a heavy box blind.

I also had never thought about a roof over one until now.
                Attached Files

Comment

I dont see the issue? Crouch underneath the platform, flip the door open, pull yourself in and close the door.
                  Ok. I personally don’t want to be crouched under a 4’ structure with a rattler, a wasp nest, or a skunk. Not to mention handling my bow, pack, etc. trying to open an overhead door in a couple inches of mud. But it may work out well for you. Hope so.

Comment

I'm building a platform this weekend. I was thinking about including a simple frame above the popup to put a tarp over it. Added shade and rain protection...... Was gonna just staple it onto the frame. When it rots, replace with a new tarp.

Comment

how much in supplies does it cost you guys to build the platforms. Wood, screws time and everything.
                      Reason I ask is I to was going to build a base but I started looking on craigslist and found these...…………..

bought one and cut the extra metal off the top of the crossbars and made it nice and flat and flush. I then took 3 sheets of treated 3/4 inch plywood and screwed it to the top. Took thompsons water seal and coated plywood just to be safe but now I am 5 feet up and have plenty of room to put my pop up on and have a porch to gather before going in. for 150 plus 100 for the plywood this will last a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet83 View Post
                        how much in supplies does it cost you guys to build the platforms. Wood, screws time and everything.
                        Reason I ask is I to was going to build a base but I started looking on craigslist and found these...…………..

bought one and cut the extra metal off the top of the crossbars and made it nice and flat and flush. I then took 3 sheets of treated 3/4 inch plywood and screwed it to the top. Took thompsons water seal and coated plywood just to be safe but now I am 5 feet up and have plenty of room to put my pop up on and have a porch to gather before going in. for 150 plus 100 for the plywood this will last a long time.
                        That will work !

Comment

Now it is upside down on the trailer and this things weighs between 500-600 pounds but very sturdy. I will post pics when I get my nap mantis 3 mounted on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I do the same

Comment

I have one that's 4' high with a 8' X 6' platform. Platform size is perfect. Give you extra room on the end to get in & out. Roof would be a good idea to protect the blind from weather.

Comment

Working...
                              X