arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arrows

What kind of arrows are y’all shooting? I was shooting PSE Carbon Force radial xweaves but when I went to order them my bow shop said they don’t make them anymore. They did recommend Beman but I wanted to get other people’s input on it. Thanks in advance.

Russell

Easton makes the best arrows in my opinion. This year I am shooting Easton Axis 260's at 30-31 inches(still haven't built them yet) with 125 grain exodus swept blades, either reflective or white arrow wraps, 2" blazer tiger vanes, and nocturnals. Might put some brass up front if the arrow can take it spine wise.

I shoot FMJ's now and like them.

Comment

I shoot Cabela's Carbon Hunter. I believe they are made by Beman. They are good arrows

Comment

Gold tip hunter xt 340.They've been good to me so far

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Gold tip velocity hunter 300

Comment

Easton Axis for deer
            Beman ICS Hunter when I'm hog hunting

Comment

i’ve never had a problem with my PSE CF, but they were telling me that the Beman were straighter & heavier which would help for when I go elk hunting at the end of the year

Comment

Gold tips

Comment

Maxima Reds

Comment

Beman ICS Hunters...for a long time now

Comment

Element storms

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Just started shooting the CarbonTech Whitetail golds 55/80-300
                        Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 03-02-2018, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MQ1 Southpaw View Post
                          i’ve never had a problem with my PSE CF, but they were telling me that the Beman were straighter & heavier which would help for when I go elk hunting at the end of the year
                          It is hard to find a bad arrow from a major manufacturer today. Beman (owned by Easton) is a great arrow, as re many others.

However, build your own arrow. Look at all the options available to day for what you are hunting. For example, there are better ways to build an awesome Elk arrow other than just using a heavier shaft.

Depending on your bow specs, what game you are hunting and at what distances all dictate your arrow build.

If it were me and I was building an arrow for Elk I would use a light, stiff shaft (like a Gold Tip Velocity or a Black Eagle Carnivore). The arrow would be 550-600 gr finished with as much FOC as I could muster (more than 20% would be the target). I think this would give the best combination of long distance shooting and penetration.

If I were going to be in close quarters with the Elk, I would build a heavier arrow, 600-650 gr. Since I wouldn't need the long range performance I would maximize my penetration.

I shoot Gold Tip Velocity shafts but have shot many others over the years. My next choice would be the Black Eagle Carnivores.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                            It is hard to find a bad arrow from a major manufacturer today. Beman (owned by Easton) is a great arrow, as re many others.

However, build your own arrow. Look at all the options available to day for what you are hunting. For example, there are better ways to build an awesome Elk arrow other than just using a heavier shaft.

Depending on your bow specs, what game you are hunting and at what distances all dictate your arrow build.

If it were me and I was building an arrow for Elk I would use a light, stiff shaft (like a Gold Tip Velocity or a Black Eagle Carnivore). The arrow would be 550-600 gr finished with as much FOC as I could muster (more than 20% would be the target). I think this would give the best combination of long distance shooting and penetration.

If I were going to be in close quarters with the Elk, I would build a heavier arrow, 600-650 gr. Since I wouldn't need the long range performance I would maximize my penetration.

I shoot Gold Tip Velocity shafts but have shot many others over the years. My next choice would be the Black Eagle Carnivores.
                            Good info here both arrows and foc. I did go away from gold tip.about 4 years ago Not consistent enough for me. But the carnivore are great arrows.

This year. I will be testing arrows from victory. I will be testing the TDT model. This is a tapered shaft. Advantages to tapered shafts. But they are expensive. I will also be looking at firenocks new arrows. Only downside is they are a little heavy for making efoc arrows. But the way dorge has built them they should be good and consistent on build. But I do have to test them

Comment

Would like to add. Personally I buy .001shafts. On straightness. But you are not going to see the difference in a .003 shaft and you prolly won’t see difference in .006. What I will tell you you we’ll have to nock tune a .006 with out a doubt. The straighter an arrow the less nock tuning that needs to be done.

Comment

Working...
                              X