No announcement yet.

Stripped oil pan plug.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the head is rounded off just you a small pipe wrench. My Mexicans round off all of ours on are tractors. They don’t know the difference between metric or standard wrenches.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
      If the head is rounded off just you a small pipe wrench. My Mexicans round off all of ours on are tractors. They don’t know the difference between metric or standard wrenches.
      I know exactly what you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
        White people rounded mine off at the dealership, I am sure they was too busy hitting the meth pipe to pay attention to the wrench size.

Comment

Plenty of removal tools available, or you can cut a flat head slot in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
            Is it just the head that’s stripped or are you referring to the threads being stripped? I took it that you meant the head was rounded over

Yep head is stripped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Might try and tap a 12 point socket-In the past I have welded a nut onto the existing bolt to remove it

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                I usually change my own oil but didn’t the time before well of course I went to change my oil today and the plug is stripped..
                What can I do about this?

Ford?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  White people rounded mine off at the dealership, I am sure they was too busy hitting the meth pipe to pay attention to the wrench size.
                  Just spit beer on my laptop. That's gonna stink in the morning.

Comment

Some Chinese guys rounded mine off. They just called their buddy 大衛/大卫 back home and he sent a new one from the factory.

Comment

If it’s just rounded take a hammer and give the plug a couple of good taps. Then take either a pair of vice grips or a cobra style pliers and loosen the plug. Very simple task.

Comment

I'll tell you the easiest way to do it, if you'll show me your river buck mount.

Comment

Originally posted by mossyoak20 View Post
                          Change crush washer and use a torque wrench from now on
                          Yup

Comment

Some Lithuanian dudes screwed mine all up

OK...not sure where to go from there.

Comment

The Russians jacked mine up on my Japanese car that was made in Mexico.

Comment

Gypsies got mine. Stole the whole truck and left the oil pan with a stripped plug in the parking spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X