Hagerman Helicopter hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    I don't buy the 80% thing. The neighboring landowner to our lease killed a pile with heli hunters last winter. I've yet to see one since. Dang depressing.

Wasn’t selling, just something I read. That only means it ran them to someone else’s place. Kind of like fire ants. You “push” them out of your yard, you don’t “eradicate”. You just make em someone else’s problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
      That sounds like a lot, but I've shot 50 pigs on 100 acres in last two months. Haggerman is 12,000 acres. 630 is pissing in the wind.
      That’s 19 per acre I don’t see how that’s pissing in the wind? Now I am not sure how many times they are doing this per year but between that and trapping and hunts it sounds like they are making an effort.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
        That’s 19 per acre I don’t see how that’s pissing in the wind? Now I am not sure how many times they are doing this per year but between that and trapping and hunts it sounds like they are making an effort.

Does have probably will have dropped more than that by the end of the month. Can’t hurt, but I am not real confident that it will do much of anything. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
          Sows probably will have dropped more than that by the end of the month. Can’t hurt, but I am not real confident that it will do much of anything. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
            Math check!! It’s one per 19 acres.

Comment

Last year after we arrowed the sows we had 19 footballs under a bush.

Comment

I would hate to have to skin that many

Comment

No chance of eradicating them, but that's a good start at relieving pressure on the habitat. If the 630 pigs averaged 50 pounds apiece, that's 31,500 pounds of pig not over-utilizing the resource. Assuming a consumption rate of 6% of gross body weight, that's saving almost a ton of forage PER day.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    Math check!! It’s one per 19 acres.
                    **** I hate when I say stupid sh*t! The math worked in my head when I said it. Oh well still pretty impressive for a couple days of killing.

Comment

that's a lot of pork chops!!!!

Comment

They are like cockroaches, kill 'em all. They will absolutely drive away deer.

Comment

What's the bit about non-lead ammo? What would be the cost issue in the difference. 630 =800-1000 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by timberking View Post
                            What's the bit about non-lead ammo? What would be the cost issue in the difference. 630 =800-1000 rounds.
                            Hagerman is a NWR thats primary purpose is waterfowl. So they don't want any lead whatsoever out there as it is considered toxic and dangerous to waterfowl. Non lead bullets tend to cost more and is an added expense.

Comment

Can you imagine the smell in a few days!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by clayree View Post
                                They are like cockroaches, kill 'em all. They will absolutely drive away deer.
                                ^This, KAP
                                Last edited by bossbowman; 12-12-2017, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X