Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    Colston was let go due to physical problems. [emoji15]
    Really?

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
      Really?
      Yep......on bleacher report now.[emoji17]

Comment

So the move to get rid of Graham is coming back to bite them.

Comment

Where do the pros have Derek Henry going in the draft?

1. I would prefer the Cowboys take a qb with the first pick if Wentz or Goff is there, but they won't.

2. Barring a qb I would love to see them grab Jalen Ramsey, except that their absolute and complete ineptitude at evaluating CB talent almost assures that he will be a bust if they take him.

3. I REALLY want Henry. The next two seasons rely 100% on Tony Romo to start at least 14 games a season. That fact, coupled with what they've invested (draft wise) the last few years on the O-line tell me that the next most important factor in keeping #9 from being confused for a #6 is having a great running game/blitz pickup. If you can get Henry in the 2nd, I would be over the moon.

4. Jerry will screw up the #4 pick....bank on it. I'd rather he trade down and try to get another late 1st and at least get another chance to not completely eff up the first day.

5. Pass rusher.....bigger, meaner, uglier=better.

6. Try to get someone who can play after the 2nd round, they are terrible in the 3rd and 4th when good drafting teams are getting foundation players.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Where do the pros have Derek Henry going in the draft?

1. I would prefer the Cowboys take a qb with the first pick if Wentz or Goff is there, but they won't.

2. Barring a qb I would love to see them grab Jalen Ramsey, except that their absolute and complete ineptitude at evaluating CB talent almost assures that he will be a bust if they take him.

3. I REALLY want Henry. The next two seasons rely 100% on Tony Romo to start at least 14 games a season. That fact, coupled with what they've invested (draft wise) the last few years on the O-line tell me that the next most important factor in keeping #9 from being confused for a #6 is having a great running game/blitz pickup. If you can get Henry in the 2nd, I would be over the moon.

4. Jerry will screw up the #4 pick....bank on it. I'd rather he trade down and try to get another late 1st and at least get another chance to not completely eff up the first day.

5. Pass rusher.....bigger, meaner, uglier=better.

6. Try to get someone who can play after the 2nd round, they are terrible in the 3rd and 4th when good drafting teams are getting foundation players.
            Most mock drafts I've seen have Elliott going before Henry.

Comment

Colston was let go due to physical problems. [emoji15]
              didn't pass the physical yesterday

Originally posted by krisw View Post
              Really?
              not the same player he was during the SB run and when in his prime.

Colston once caught every ball thrown his way. Over the last several yrs he's been injured and developed "alligator arms" ... dropped to many crucial passes.

Besides being the Saints all-time leader in receiving yds, yds from scrimmage, receiving touchdowns, total touchdowns, and total receptions; Colston is one of the best late round draft selections.... 7th rd pick 252 (4th from Mr. Irrelevant)

sad to see #12 released but it's a business

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                Most mock drafts I've seen have Elliott going before Henry.
                I just like Henry's size better, and I think the teeens are too high to draft either.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                  Texans draft Hackenberg, mark my words.
                  This^^^

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                    So the move to get rid of Graham is coming back to bite them.

not even close ... Jimmy Graham was traded to save $$$ and NOLA needed a center and draft choices

looking back at the NOLA - SEA trade, IMO the Saints came out the clear winner

they got a proven leader and Pro Bowler at Center (Max Unger) , and drafted LB Stephone Anthony, Clemson who started every game in 2015.

TE Ben Watson had a career year and filled in for the missing Graham.

Graham and the SEA offense never quite jelled as unfortunately he blew out his knee at the end of the season.

one can argue the Saints missed JG in the red zone; however Drew Brees makes average WR's and TE's look good due to his accuracy and on the field awareness.

Comment

I am a Chiefs fan - We need offense.

I am also a Texans fan - We need offense.

Comment

Brees does, but 35yo Watson just isn't the automatic mismatch JG (and the redzone is where that really shows up)

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                          Brees does, but 35yo Watson just isn't the automatic mismatch JG (and the redzone is where that really shows up)
                          even if the Saints had Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, and Micheal Irvin last year, they would not have made the playoffs ..... swiss cheese defense was this team's Achilles heel

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                            didn't pass the physical yesterday

not the same player he was during the SB run and when in his prime.

Colston once caught every ball thrown his way. Over the last several yrs he's been injured and developed "alligator arms" ... dropped to many crucial passes.

Besides being the Saints all-time leader in receiving yds, yds from scrimmage, receiving touchdowns, total touchdowns, and total receptions; Colston is one of the best late round draft selections.... 7th rd pick 252 (4th from Mr. Irrelevant)

sad to see #12 released but it's a business
                            Small college kid did GREAT!!!![emoji106] Will not be forgotten by NOLA fans.......ever!!!

Comment

Small college kid did GREAT!!!![emoji106] Will not be forgotten by NOLA fans.......ever!!!

yep, Colston graduated from Hofstra which is 1-AA , they don't even have a CFB team anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                                yep, Colston graduated from Hofstra which is 1-AA , they don't even have a CFB team anymore
                                Not where u come from...but,...where ya going!!! Class act thru and thru!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X