Direct TV dropping FX and Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct TV dropping FX and Fox

Sons of Anarchy on FX is the only reason I bought cable.. And now Direct TV is dropping them. I am notttttttt happy!!!!!

Www.keepmynets.com for the story.

this is absolute crap! gonna voice my opinion anywhere i can!

Comment

2 words Dish Network

Comment

Wish I would have known this a month ago when I purchased direct TV and I would have gone with Dish.. But now I can't terminate my agreement without paying and arm and a leg for.

Comment

I personally don't care but I'm calling tomorrow as a very irate customer to see what they'll give for me for free.

First no Longhorn Network now no football on fx or fox. What else am I missing on those channels so I can call and complain? DirectTV's retention department talks to me almost annually and I get free stuff all the time from them!

Comment

I don't have DN and don't know the details, but isn't this stuff usually smoke. I mean, are they really going to drop those two? They will lose 30% or more of their customer base.

Comment

Dish network did this last year or the year before. I will be calling direct and telling them if they drop those channels they can turn my service off. I don't want dish network but I will go to them if I have to

Comment

I sure hope they work it out

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                  I don't have DN and don't know the details, but isn't this stuff usually smoke. I mean, are they really going to drop those two? They will lose 30% or more of their customer base.
                  Yea it's usually their way of forcing FX and Fox to their terms... In my case, it give me a chance to re-negotiate my rates or my free stuff with them...

Contract ended 6 months ago and threatened to go to dish if they didn't give me the new customer intro rate. 6 more months on that contract

Let's see no LHN - got free HD + free DVR for a year, free premium channel like HBO for 3 months + plus a 1 time $50 credit to use on ppv channels

What should I try for this time?

Comment

Yah same here, direct tv is droping channel 11, that's our local news station and also csi and all the monday nite shows and the big bang theory on thursdays along with survivor and the mentalist and the college and.nfl football. Im calling and complaining tom myself.

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
                      Dish network did this last year or the year before. I will be calling direct and telling them if they drop those channels they can turn my service off. I don't want dish network but I will go to them if I have to
                      when you call just ask for their retention department from the first person. Basically lay out your demands and say they can either cancel your service or give you those freebies. If they start to negotiate, tell them no thanks cancel my service. Surprising how quickly they will say they can give you what you are wanting. I'm not bluffing when I call, they can cancel my service or give me what I'm asking for. I've been toying with the idea of cutting the cable for a couple of years but each time I call them they make it so cheap to stay I haven't been willing to do it yet.

Comment

No Fox and I'm leaving. I havn't had a contract in 2 years or more. I'm a free man!

Comment

Originally posted by art745 View Post
                          2 words Dish Network
                          Dish?? No track pass, no sunday ticket. Weak HD shows.. No thinks.

Ill go to rabbit ears if they drop fx.

Comment

I will call and add my name on the irate customer list. Time Warner always pulled bs like this. One reason I left them. Hmm..

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                              But now I can't terminate my agreement without paying and arm and a leg for.
                              Do you know that for sure? Seems they're breaking their part of the deal first.

Comment

Working...
                              X