The Deer Hunters Moonguide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Deer Hunters Moonguide

Watching team 200 and they was showing the moomguided. Has anyone used it? If so did it work?

Kept it faithfully for one season, saw no difference. Didn't any more.

Comment

Have an app on my phone that shows moon phase and best time for deer movement and how likely it is they will be moving around. Havnt really been sold on it. I do see more deer during the day on no moon and full moon though. At all parts of the day. Generally will stay in the stand as much as possible during these phases.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        Kept it faithfully for one season, saw no difference. Didn't any more.
        Same here.

In the swamp I hunt, I generally see the most activity around 10-10:30. Places with open fields it’s usually right at sunrise.

Comment

No workie

Comment

I dont use that particular moon guide, but the one I use is pretty accurate, however as stated above, sometimes it misses.

Comment

I am a big believer in being in the field when the big moons are directly over head or directly beneath my feet. Fishing or hunting. Your deer mileage may vary .

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                Same here.

In the swamp I hunt, I generally see the most activity around 10-10:30. Places with open fields it’s usually right at sunrise.

My experience hunting swamps or big woods is about same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                  I am a big believer in being in the field when the big moons are directly over head or directly beneath my feet. Fishing or hunting. Your deer mileage may vary .
                  I have no way to say that it affects movement for sure, but noticed this way too many times to call it coincidence too.

Comment

Me too. When in KS, we’ll go out spotlighting at nite during the Major times and see lots of deer where as the other times it’s much fewer sightings. Buddy of mine went by his guide that said moon was overhead at 1pm one November. Granted it’s rut, but he got to the stand at 1230p and at 1pm had stuck a 160” buck and that was enough to get me to at least pay more attention to it. Looking back over TC pics and major over/under times and there is a good correlation. Not 100% accurate obviously, but enough for me to take notice. I watch barometric pressure too...

Comment

I've relied somewhat on it for at least the past 10yrs and I'm convinced. An old very seasoned hunter got me started.

Comment

[emoji1474]it works

Comment

Me too, when the moon is rising so is the game.

Comment

Just ordered it. Have a buddy that talked me into it based on his last couple seasons and going off redmoon times or something - I really don't know but heck, it can't hurt! I'll hunt my regular patterns and look at this as well to see if I notice any different activity levels

Comment

Are yall talking about the red moon guide or whatever they were pitching on TV?

Comment

Working...
                              X