Anyone tried solar water wells??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried solar water wells??

I have a shallow water well on our place I thought about trying one of the cheaper solar well setups. Anyone tried one? I'm seeing some cheap pump, panel, and control box setups for $250-300 shipped.

The Mule Deer lease I was on in Pecos County was switching all their old windmills that went bad to solar when needed. Cost was around $5000 per well average to install a solar kit per well. They said it was more expensive up front but cheaper in the long run than trying to maintain a windmill out there. From what I have been told on the cheaper kit solar pumps is that they do not last nearly as long as the higher dollar ones. I have seen them the internet for $1200-1900 depending on lift needed for a foreign made kit-pump, panel, controls and wiring. Cheapest prices I have seen for US made kits are out of Oklahoma.
    By shallow, how deep is the well and what is the water level at?

Comment

I bought one from Robinson solar I believe it cost $2,200. It works pretty well. The well depth is a 100 feet deep and pump is set at 96 feet. Keeps up pretty good. Its a 1/2 inch pump.
      Ryan

Comment

Yeah I have a couple of the $2k rigs and they do well. This is a 55' well for wildlife only. Considered trying one of these cheaper options.

Comment

I just installed one. Do not get the cheap 300$ kits on Amazon and eBay. I went to alibaba.com and was able to order a 1700$ kit for 400$ delivered. Then I purchased the solar panels separately for 300$. Mine is set at 125' and pumps 3 gpm. Works like a charm. Filled a 2500 gallon black tank in two days. It has a 5 year warranty and I did the install myself in about 4 hours total including mounting the panels.
          Last edited by Hunter_Man; 04-24-2017, 05:40 AM.

Comment

The kit I bought from alibaba is the exact kit that is sold at www.rpssolarpumps.com

Last edited by Hunter_Man; 04-24-2017, 05:44 AM.

Comment

We financed our landowners solar well at the deer lease. He did all the installation with help. All in - I think around $5k. Not sure of depth. It was an old oil field water well. Most ranchers are going to solar. Less maintenance.

Comment

Working...
              X