Fridge repair help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fridge repair help

Kenmore model 253.7041 French door fridge with bottom freezer drawer. Has a panel on inside of door that adjust temp, resets alarms etc. Power went off while we were gone today. Now fridge has no power. Outlet has power.

I sure wish we could make a fridge that doesn't have fancy sensitive electronics.

So where do i start troubleshooting and how do i go about it? I'm guessing a board has fried.

I just replaced a board in our Sub Zero. Wasn't hard but cost $248. My wife called a repairman to look at it. That cost $65 but was worth it, I think. He said he could do it but would cost right at $600 so I did it my self. You may try a repairman first just to find out what it is then do it your self.

Comment

Could be your fridge has a safety disconnect/breaker somewhere that needs to be reset.

Probably too late for you but that's what I would look for first.

Comment

A professional diagnostic is probably not a bad idea.

From what I have read, they do not have built in reset buttons/breakers built in.

Comment

It just really annoys me. We paid $1200 for this thing and have had it 18 months. The fridge before this one was cheap as dirt and ran flawlessly for 10 years or more.

Comment

Might be the control board Or just needs a good reset.... if you unplug and let sit for 5-6 minutes then plug back in... the new bells and whistles area ll neat and eye catching until they don't work lol about to replace our Fridge....

Comment

Try looking here

Comment

Working...
              X