X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I have shot both and have more recently been shooting 2 blade tuffheads. Don't know if it makes any real difference in the recovery, but I like a pass through. If nothing else, they look cool. It really depends on what you hit inside them. I made a horrible shot on a hog last year with a two blade hitting him high and back. Arrow passed through and clipped the artery running along his back. I have never seen an animal spray so much blood. It reminded me of the old SNL skit "Big Red". Below is a picture of where he was standing when I shot him. A blind man could have followed the bloodtrail.

I think your bloodtrail really comes down to if you hit something high pressure like an artery or heart or lower pressure like a lung. Lower pressure needs a lower hole to drain. A gut shot or muscle shot is likely to stop bleeding regardless of the head used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I started with Satellite Mag 125s with an old Bear Whitetail 2. Well, technically I had an old Bear recurve with arrows that came with it and glue on two blades first but that didn't last long. Then I progressed to Thunderheads when they stopped making the satellite heads. Bear Razorheads were my choice for a while. Killed many animals with them but lost my confidence in some of the blood trails they left. Especially on fat, healthy animals. I really like solid, three blade heads. That's why I bought the Woodsmans. And honestly the older get the tougher it is to see blood plus our ranch is a frac sand meca so that hurts as well. I want a head I can keep sharp, that shoots well with my set up, that isn't $25+ each and I can find what I shoot. I hope these will do that for me.

Comment

Just for the heck of it, here's another kill where the animal didn't go anywhere after the shot.

This one was obviously shot from an elevated position.

In both instances of kills I have shown here, the arrow would have passed completely through the animal if not for striking ground before it could.

The boar in the first pictures I posted, instantly rolled at the shot onto his left shoulder, thus stopping the arrow when it hit the ground.

The little sow in this second set of pictures was just to low to the ground to allow a pass through.

Point is - Penetration isn't likely going to be a problem either.

Rick
          Attached Files
          Last edited by RickBarbee; 06-07-2017, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I doubt it will either. I'm shooting whitetail, feral pigs and mabye an elk. Not cape buffalo or hippos.

Comment

Ive been practicing with a woodsman 3 blade and I couldnt get it to fly like I wanted...like some 2 blades Im shooting. I sent a wild shot into a tree...spent 30 seconds trying to dig it out before the fireants decided I was intruding. I unscrewed the shaft and the broadhead is still in the tree. I immediately went to garage and screwed on 2 blade...shoots better...for me.

I dont doubt the woodsman are great killers.

Comment

I spin tested them and they look fine but I don't have a broadhead target at home so I will have to shoot them at the ranch.

Comment

Got a chance to shoot them today. Shoot the same as my field points and I'm going to go out in the am to see if I can draw some blood with one.

Comment

Working...
                  X