X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HeLL to the no!

Comment

Originally posted by hornet527 View Post

originally i used the solid hail screen traps and put a cover over them. i have seen built some one piece traps,( drawing above). i think its important for the snakes to have something to crawl under. not sure if they wouls work with it being just a wire trap
      Awesome man thank you. I could cover it that wouldn't be a problem. Although it seems like the majority of the snake skins were against the wall. They're kinda like mice in a way. Seems like they'll follow a wall vs. crawling out in the wide open.

Comment

Ive caught a bunch of snakes in a minnow trap on accident. I bet if you put a live mouse in the middle of it instead of the coke can you could catch a pile of them.

Comment

Very interested in trying this. I moved into a new place last year and killed 15 rattlers in 4 days before it got cold. All of them within 30 yards of my cabin. Three questions:

1. Do you bait the traps?
          2. Preferred/safest method on getting them out?
          3. When I’m shopping for materials, what are the little metal clamps called that join the wire of the screen?

Bonus question: preferred recipe for rattlers? First go around wasn’t that great. Still got 5 or 6 left in the freezer.

Comment

Okrattler post pics if you build one

Comment

My dad has caught his share in a plain ole minnow trap

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm going with burn the place down

Comment

Originally posted by ReydonPete View Post
                  Okrattler post pics if you build one
                  I sure will. Will it look very good?....Well....That's questionable.Lol

I'm gonna go shopping later to see if I can't find what I need. I just hope they work. If not I'm kind of out of ideas other than catching them when they come completely out. Or just sealing that place up tighter than Fort Knox when they leave because they're for sure gonna keep going back.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    My dad has caught his share in a plain ole minnow trap

That's the style of trap I originally thought about building. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                      That's the style of trap I originally thought about building. I don't see why it wouldn't work.
                      He's using the wal mart version. Copperheads only

Comment

1. Do you bait the traps? No block all other holes these trap work great and I have caught all kinds of animals in them. I reinforced mine in case skunks tear it up
                        2. Preferred method on getting them out? Throw in tank and drown them
                        3. When I’m shopping for materials, what are the little metal clamps called that join the wire of the screen? Hog rings should work
                        Last edited by Hog Grim Reaper; 03-01-2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                          Very interested in trying this. I moved into a new place last year and killed 15 rattlers in 4 days before it got cold. All of them within 30 yards of my cabin. Three questions:

1. Do you bait the traps?
                          2. Preferred/safest method on getting them out?
                          3. When I’m shopping for materials, what are the little metal clamps called that join the wire of the screen?

Bonus question: preferred recipe for rattlers? First go around wasn’t that great. Still got 5 or 6 left in the freezer.
                          I tried smoked rattlesnake last year. It's way good. I don't like all those little rib bones in it and smoking them helps with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            He's using the wal mart version. Copperheads only

I'll see what I can find and maybe get some ideas for a trap by looking at an actual minnow trap. I'd like to be able to catch multiple snakes in one trap. I won't be able to make it out there every day so when I do I'd like to have a few waiting on me when I get there.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                              Awesome man thank you. I could cover it that wouldn't be a problem. Although it seems like the majority of the snake skins were against the wall. They're kinda like mice in a way. Seems like they'll follow a wall vs. crawling out in the wide open.
                              definitely against the wall

Comment

Originally posted by Hog Grim Reaper View Post
                                1. Do you bait the traps? No block all other holes these trap work great and I have caught all kinds of animals in them. I reinforced mine in case skunks tear it up
                                2. Preferred method on getting them out? Throw in tank and drown them
                                3. When I’m shopping for materials, what are the little metal clamps called that join the wire of the screen? Hog rings should work
                                1 no, place them along a wall or barrier, snakes like to crawl close to cover
                                2 flip upside down (opens doors) pull out or let them crawl out and dispose of as you see fit. put one in a waster trough for 45 min and it was still alive
                                3 not sure of the names but are made to put rabbit/ chicken hutches together. got em a the local feed store, crimper there as well. hog rings should work if you can get them tight enough

Comment

Working...
                                X