Back to square one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to square one

So, I took my bow to a "Bow Shop" to have them put it on their Hooter Shooter and give it a "proper, professional" tune. So when I picked it up, I asked the guy how far off was it? He says, we had to adjust it quite a bit. To which I replied, really? So upon further conversation I said, I am going to start broadhead tuning my bow bc hunting season is right around the corner and just to be sure, I move my rest OPPOSITE of where my arrow hits correct? IE if I'm hitting left move my rest right and if I'm hitting low move my rest up. He says, we moved your rest so much that if you mess with it, you could mess it up all over again. Are you freaking kidding me, he really said that. He says just move your sight, I said no, I want my bh's and fp's to really hit fairly close, he says, you don't need that. So whatever. I come home and put a bh on one of my arrows. At 20yds I was 2" low and 6" left. So ok, follow the arrow game with my sight. So now, I have moved my sight so far left that when I get to full draw I get a pretty good view of my riser. Highly frustrated. I knew I should have moved my rest. So now I get to start the whole process all over again. Put my fp's back on, re sight in to where I was, then put my bh's and then I'm moving my rest. I know where I'm not taking my bow anymore. Just thought I'd trust a bow shop. That's what I get.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

A Hooter Shooter might be good for some, but do you put the same torque or lack thereof as the Hooter Shooter, same pressure as the Hooter Shooter with your hand? Just saying, tune it yourself. It is possible to shoot FP's and BH's the same.

Comment

Any shop that tells you to just move your sight when broadhead tuning is a shop I would avoid at all costs. It's a wonder they didn't just tell you to shoot mechanicals .

Comment

im not sure what shop you used, but I see you're far enough from me that im positive I wont end up there.
        ive got no words for ya.

Comment

lol, they also told me to get a wrist sling on my bow, bc I torque my bow when I shoot. I said really, when I shoot my bow, my fingers do not touch the grip at all. The grip is nestled in between my thumb and pointer finger, open handed. I release the arrow and my bow sits in my hand long enough that i can hang on to my bow so it doesnt fall to the ground. He says oh, ok then. I am well aware that fp's can hit where bh's do, so that is my goal in the next week or so. Its going to be a little bit of a challenge as I shoot really big 180gr 2 blade Simmons Treesharks. I am really trying to learn how to tune my own bow, i was always kinda paranoid as its a dual cam bow and I dont want to end up with my cams out of sync, but I am determined to do it.

Comment

Man sorry to hear about the bogus tune. I'm not sure where your at but I know some good shops and bowtechs to help you tune if you want. I'd have it checked just to make sure your cams are still timed properly. There is no telling what that idiot did to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

NEVER return to that shop.

NEVER ask someone else to tune YOUR bow. Especially if,you have said bow stacking field tips and BH's into the same POI.

Comment

From the sounds of it, you may need to have the cams or limbs checked for any twisting or torsion. First thing I'd do is center the rest and leave it there. Then draw back to see where your sights are. That may lead you in the direction you need to go.

Comment

I would not go back

Comment

I would not go back to that location. Not sure where it was and if I knew which shop was used in that post would ensure I would never take my bow to it.

I am not sure I trust any shops fully and tune my own bows. Good old paper tune, bare shaft and walk back seems to get me shooting field tips and broadheads hitting the same place or very close to it.

Comment

I had a similar experience this past weekend turns out my cam needed a little shim, one bow shop said my bow was untunable the other fixed it no problem now I'm stacking 2 different broadheads and field points at 60 yards.

Comment

Oh no you are near me

Comment

I agree with your bow shop. I paper tune my bow with field points and tune my broadhead. I would not move my rest that will throw the tune of your bow off. A good tuned bow and good tuned broadhead will shoot the same as field points, unless you shoot cheap junk broadhead. Otherwise move the sight to match broadhead.

Comment

What shop?

Comment

Originally posted by Hocks & horns View Post
                              I agree with your bow shop. I paper tune my bow with field points and tune my broadhead. I would not move my rest that will throw the tune of your bow off. A good tuned bow and good tuned broadhead will shoot the same as field points, unless you shoot cheap junk broadhead. Otherwise move the sight to match broadhead.
                              Uh ohhhhh............

Comment

Working...
                              X