X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were suspended about 6' deep in 20 foot of water

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      I went to the river today in search of sandies and crappie. Didn't catch a one. And only got one bite.

[ATTACH]943870[/ATTACH]

It was fun on ultralight tackle with 8lb test, and no dip net, on the river.
      I bet that felt like you hooked a freight train!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Quick question: How long does the crappie spawn typically last in the rivers?

Could you still catch them in the rivers around the end of April? We use to fish the navasota river every year, but I can't remember how long the spawning season went to since it's been years.

Comment

I will likely get out on Sandlin in the next few weeks. Anyone with any reports of what depth they hanging out in.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
            I bet that felt like you hooked a freight train!

Yes sir. I was using ultralight tackle with 8lb mono. And forgot to take my dip net. So I had to ware it down and lip it. It seems to happen every year about this time. Just before the sandies start running good.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Hendo View Post
              I'm going to be hitting Waco pretty soon, so I'll report back. I haven't heard much on the crappie, but the blues are acting up I did hear.
              I fish waco primarily, Live right by Koehne Park. I have trouble finding any crappie out there besides when they are up shallow.

Warm weather and white bass should be here soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                I fish waco primarily, Live right by Koehne Park. I have trouble finding any crappie out there besides when they are up shallow.

Warm weather and white bass should be here soon.

Electronics have helped me tremendously locate submerged piles and timber to target the crappie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sub

Comment

Electronics have helped me tremendously locate submerged piles and timber to target the crappie.

This times a million! I go all over and find crappie on lakes I know nothing about because of electronics.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                      This times a million! I go all over and find crappie on lakes I know nothing about because of electronics.

Yes sir. Worth the extra cash to get a good one! I personally suggest one with side imaging as well.

Comment

I have a Lowrance HDS 5, no down imaging, I can find brush piles, making the fish eat my jigs is the issue, and staying on with the trolling motor.

In LA you just pull up next to trees that fell in the river and go to thumpy town. These TX fish make you work harder!

Comment

I’m curious what units everyone uses up on the bow? I’ve got a Lowrance Gen 3 at the console with NMEA. However, I have a riptide w/I-pilot TM. Are y’all running an independent arm for the transducer? Or am I better off getting a different TM that I can mount the transducer to?

I’m open to any suggestions!

Comment

I guess I should specify that I do have downscan and sidescan. I’m curious what kind of Lowrance unit works best on the bow with the TM setup I have....or, do I need to change up the TM entirely?

Comment

How bout some pics of your crappie boats you use
                              I do like bob sandlin my parents live on that lake and we normally always catch fish

Comment

I have a Humminbird Solix 12. It was amazing to see the Side Imaging the first time I used it. Then it messed up, and the latest software update did not fix it. I just sent it to Humminbird yesterday for repair.

Comment

Working...
                                X