No announcement yet.

Colorado Elk hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TJ, what was your solution for water/food and tp? did you bring dehydrated food and water filtration?

Comment

iodine water,moutain house meals for dinner , snacks for lunch and breakfast bar for breakfast. dead down wind field wipes are great. they are also my shower solution as well .

Comment

TJ if need someone to follow you around and take your pic and help carry out that 6x6 keep me in mind. That is some beautiful country I get up there and don't want to come back.

Comment

It's not elk or gear, but what was your training regiment like?

Comment

I'll add some elk talk. You mention you passed on cows. Would you say it's an easier task to get a shot at a cow?

Comment

I'm on the treadmill with incline starting at 8 then work up from there. The air is what is going to get you. Altitude sickness ain't a joke

Comment

i got altitude sickness this season, i agree with tbeak

Comment

It took me a little over a year to get used to it. I'd walk up 5 flights of stairs in the parking garage and just have to gasp for air.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                      It's not elk or gear, but what was your training regiment like?
                      bleachers twice a week, started with 25 lbs now im at a 100. a couple miles of bleachers will get ya there. the first year i ran alot but lost too much weight and had a hard time keeping my weight up so i went to just bleachers.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                        I'll add some elk talk. You mention you passed on cows. Would you say it's an easier task to get a shot at a cow?
                        ya only because there are more of them.

Comment

altitude sickness is no joke, Ive never had it but have heard some horror stories. I just take it easy up there, rest often. once i get back there 6-8 miles i know i cant afford to get sick. all i have is time backthere , lots of glassing takes care of the resting part.

Comment

I'll be in 62 this year with a buddy. Been doing deadlifts and high bar back squats, walking the dogs with a weighted pack, and cardio on a treadmill. Once I get my 3 mile time sub 21 I'm going to start doing the stair climber with a weighted pack and do interval runs on the treadmill.

Comment

Make sure if you guys are bow hunting you check out the regs for archery equipment. If you don't feel like searching for it here it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea and the ***** about altitude is you won't know it'll effect you until it does. Tylenol once a day and lots of water will help to thin your blood

Comment

Working...
                                X