Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 1/2 tons! Y’all weren’t playing around! That feed wagon is nice! How much per ton do they charge?

Comment

Originally posted by CMS View Post
      4 1/2 tons! Y’all weren’t playing around! That feed wagon is nice! How much per ton do they charge?

I think it was 305 a ton. Feed trailer held 3 1/2 tons and we got a pallet of bags for a few feeders we can only get a ranger to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
        I think it was 305 a ton. Feed trailer held 3 1/2 tons and we got a pallet of bags for a few feeders we can only get a ranger to

You’re correct. It was $305 a ton. Pretty good price for 17%. Hope we get some rain and some fresh browse soon to make that 4.5 tons last a little longer lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Not at all being February... We have them drop in late January all the time.

we had a few in mid January as well but thats not out of the ordinary.

I did a few Running-mans and a Macarena last night..
          Thanks Jason! Looking at the google map photo with the fire you posted my place isn’t far from yours. Our deer should do similar things. How long have you been on your lease? I’m going into year 4 at mine. 5 for the group I’m with.

Comment

Thanks Jason! Looking at the google map photo with the fire you posted my place isn’t far from yours. Our deer should do similar things. How long have you been on your lease? I’m going into year 4 at mine. 5 for the group I’m with.

This is the start of year 11....

Comment

11 years! That’s pretty impressive with the way hunters lease hop nowadays looking for instant success.

Comment

11 years! That’s pretty impressive with the way hunters lease hop nowadays looking for instant success.
                I started Jason’s lease and left in 2009 to chase a goal. First place didn’t pan out in WaterValley and I had to “Hop” to another place in Irion county. Hunted that place for 2 years with great success but just wasn’t the right fit for us. “Hopped” over to another place in Irion in 2012 and have been set since.
                Funny this is the opinion of some but I was actually reminiscing some today about what the 3 of us have done since landing on good places. Equates to 28 bucks ranging from 130”-160” between 3 guys not counting what other members have killed. I don’t know what the definition of instant “success” is and I’m sure it’s in the eye of the beholder and to each their own! We only get to live so long and exsperiance so much and I’m after a goal and sometimes that takes moving around untill you find it. What’s more interesting to me is why the judgement on how long a person stays on a place when most of the time you don’t know the surcunstances on why they left. Most likely because respectfully they don’t say much on the internet about it because folks are sensitive to the reasons on why they left a place.
                Just my quick assessment and personal journey before I settled down on a place for enough years to be considered “impressive”.

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                  You’re correct. It was $305 a ton. Pretty good price for 17%. Hope we get some rain and some fresh browse soon to make that 4.5 tons last a little longer lol.

That’s pretty dang cheap for protein. A/P has the better alfalfa too most the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                    Nice. A feed wagon is my plan for protein this year.
                    Because you’re old,Joe!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
                      That’s pretty dang cheap for protein. A/P has the better alfalfa too most the time.
                      I went back to Palmers BC 23 this year. We were having some consumption problems with AP and seemed to be getting some really dry type feed on several loads. We set up some feeders side by side and the Palmers was gone quite a bit quicker. Not that were trying to spend more on feed but when we had both out the AP sat until the Palmers was gone. Seemed like the quality of the pellet had gone down some.

Comment

Were in year 6 on our lease.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                          I went back to Palmers BC 23 this year. We were having some consumption problems with AP and seemed to be getting some really dry type feed on several loads. We set up some feeders side by side and the Palmers was gone quite a bit quicker. Not that were trying to spend more on feed but when we had both out the AP sat until the Palmers was gone. Seemed like the quality of the pellet had gone down some.
                          Probably because A/P pellets TDN is higher and they dont need to eat as much of it to feel the burn.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
                            We dumped 4 1/2 tons of 17% last weekend. First time to use the feed trailer. That's the only way to do it. Beats opening up over 160 bags in a day [emoji106]

Yep...like your truck by the way
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                              Dang that’s odd every load I got was really good and got hammered. Which feed was it? I know they have 2 20% feeds and one is a cheaper made feed

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
                                I started Jason’s lease and left in 2009 to chase a goal. First place didn’t pan out in WaterValley and I had to “Hop” to another place in Irion county. Hunted that place for 2 years with great success but just wasn’t the right fit for us. “Hopped” over to another place in Irion in 2012 and have been set since.
                                Funny this is the opinion of some but I was actually reminiscing some today about what the 3 of us have done since landing on good places. Equates to 28 bucks ranging from 130”-160” between 3 guys not counting what other members have killed. I don’t know what the definition of instant “success” is and I’m sure it’s in the eye of the beholder and to each their own! We only get to live so long and exsperiance so much and I’m after a goal and sometimes that takes moving around untill you find it. What’s more interesting to me is why the judgement on how long a person stays on a place when most of the time you don’t know the surcunstances on why they left. Most likely because respectfully they don’t say much on the internet about it because folks are sensitive to the reasons on why they left a place.
                                Just my quick assessment and personal journey before I settled down on a place for enough years to be considered “impressive”.
                                I’d like to apologize to y’all. I shouldn’t have said that. It was none of my business.

Comment

Working...
                                X