2016 Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shootallanimals View Post
    wish they'd pick a new guy to draw the names out of the hat. he hasn't picked me yet. I have been trying for 3 years
    Hate to tell you bud but theres been people waiting alot longer than that, we're going on year 13 in the gun deer GDE category...

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      The only way to lose your points is to get drawn.
      Mine are adding up for that jewel in your avatar.

Comment

wish they'd pick a new guy to draw the names out of the hat. he hasn't picked me yet. I have been trying for 3 years
        You haven't even hit the average yet..I'm sitting on 6-7 I believe in most categories but I also got drawn for the chap with only a few so it's all luck I apply solo for archery and believe that's what helped me get drawn for the chap

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
          You haven't even hit the average yet..I'm sitting on 6-7 I believe in most categories but I also got drawn for the chap with only a few so it's all luck I apply solo for archery and believe that's what helped me get drawn for the chap
          Why do you think applying solo helped?

I've got around 5 PP in most categories. As of right now I'm not to concerned about getting drawn, just wanting to accumulate points.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
            Mine are adding up for that jewel in your avatar.
            Man, I hope you draw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              Man, I hope you draw it!
              I've enjoyed seeing all of the TBH'er success on sheep. I'd love to keep that ball rolling!

Comment

I need to start putting in again this year. Been about 15 years since I gave it a shot

Comment

On the Matagorda island hunt last year, they said they were going to pull one card for standby. Three groups of 3-4 and one single were including 1 group that hired a guide for transport.

Of the 4 cards, guess which one was picked, the single. I told that group of 3 to pair up with the single as it would have increased their odds....they looked at me like a cow staring at a new gate.

Comment

That one guy hunted both hunts on the island.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                      Why do you think applying solo helped?

I've got around 5 PP in most categories. As of right now I'm not to concerned about getting drawn, just wanting to accumulate points.
                      Well I originally thought it helped like this...if they draw 50 names and there down to 2 and your a single and others have 3 on their card you increase your odds? But they draw cards not by number of people so I think I'm wrong....either way only times I've been drawn I applied solo(archery). All the years applying with my dad and brother in law we haven't been drawn but my dad's name will go on the gun hunt card with me u til he can't hunt anymore..want to make a draw hunt with him.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        Hate to tell you bud but theres been people waiting alot longer than that, we're going on year 13 in the gun deer GDE category...

This year will be the 18th year we've put in for Gun Deer Either Sex, without being picked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lavacahunter View Post
                          That one guy hunted both hunts on the island.
                          Imagine that Seen it happen many a time at RC and GE, good 'ol boy system...

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                            I believe August
                            Oh, please don't go there.

We already had enough backblast about that place which name should not be spoken.
                            Last edited by grizzman; 06-01-2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Hit and miss. There are some hunt categories that I have been drawn on multiple times in the last twelve years (like GDE) but some I haven't (like Antlerless). I still like the new system.

Comment

And yeah, the hunts should roll out around the first part of July. Some have due dates early in August, so pay attention to those deadlines.

Comment

Working...
                                X