Landmaster UTVs by American Sportsworks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landmaster UTVs by American Sportsworks

Anyone own one or have any knowledge of them? Everything I’ve read so far about them has been positive. And their 100% American built!
    Attached Files

What’s the price ?

Comment

My in-laws had the 400cc model. It was cheesy how you shifted from drive to reverse and back but for light/medium duty jobs it did great. I think they paid about $4,500 for it.

The only bad thing that we found is the charging system was too small if you used the headlights at idle. It would discharge the battery. After swapping the bulbs out for LED ones it was fine though.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
        What’s the price ?
        For a 4wd model$6999 which includes a windshield

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
          My in-laws had the 400cc model. It was cheesy how you shifted from drive to reverse and back but for light/medium duty jobs it did great. I think they paid about $4,500 for it.

The only bad thing that we found is the charging system was too small if you used the headlights at idle. It would discharge the battery. After swapping the bulbs out for LED ones it was fine though.

That is exactly what one of the reviews stated. They did the same thing with no further problems.

Comment

We have a dealer here in Granbury that I looked at one. They were ok but I was only interested in a Crew model. The one they had was again, ok but not for me. If this is your first UTV needless to say there are a LOT of choices and obviously it boils down to what you are using one for and what "goodies" you want. Power steering is a big thing with me and I would not do without it, particularly if like me there are shoulder problems.

They kind of reminded me of the brand Tractor Supply sells, basic models but they work fine from what I have heard.

Comment

I have the 670 and have no complaints, it suits our needs and is built like a tank. Hauls a load, pulls whatever you put behind it. I’ve only had it in 4WD once when I needed to pull my stuck Zturn mower, it snatched it out with minimal effort. Filters, etc. are cheap on Amazon.

Comment

That looks just like the red one my inlaws bought at TSC, so im not sure what make theirs is, but looks the same so I think it is. They only use it for work around their little farm. Its a rough ride. Sounds and runs slow like a diesel. But its a honda powertrain and hes had it 5yrs or so without any issues and he really doesnt do any maintenance to it

Comment

You can special Oder one thru Tractor Supply that’s called a Trail Wagon. Other places sell one they call a Land Master. Both are basically the same UTV although on feature I like with the Land Master you can get an optional dump bed that flips up to make a bench seat.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
                    I have the 670 and have no complaints, it suits our needs and is built like a tank. Hauls a load, pulls whatever you put behind it. I’ve only had it in 4WD once when I needed to pull my stuck Zturn mower, it snatched it out with minimal effort. Filters, etc. are cheap on Amazon.
                    Wonder how it would do in mud? I hunt SETX and my lease gets a lot of standing water and sloppy mud during deer season.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                      Wonder how it would do in mud? I hunt SETX and my lease gets a lot of standing water and sloppy mud during deer season.
                      You have to remember it’s a lawnmower motor so I would be skeptical about taking it in deep mud or water. The air intake looks about 18” high and it has a big skid plate to protect it. Mine has no problem getting through the normal stuff but I won’t go through it if I have doubts about depth.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
                        You have to remember it’s a lawnmower motor so I would be skeptical about taking it in deep mud or water. The air intake looks about 18” high and it has a big skid plate to protect it. Mine has no problem getting through the normal stuff but I won’t go through it if I have doubts about depth.
                        Good info. Thanks for sharing. I am thinking the deepest water it would see would be about 12-16 inches. Wonder if that would be ok?

Comment

My brother in law ran a 2010ish 265cc model at their very large ranch. Put a Ton of hours on it. I bought it from him and put two more years on it until the motor got tired. Replaced the motor for $400 and it was ready to rock. Unless you are getting one cheap you get so much more from a ranger.

We sold the land master this year and bought a ranger with 100 hours for $6k and it’s a totally different animal. So much smoother ride, incredible power, but certainly more expensive if it breaks.

Comment

I would think you could get a 600 Mule for about that price. Resale value would hold up much better too, plus readily available parts.

Comment

Get something else. My dad had the red one like someone said from TSC. Still runs but that is one rough riding SOB. Seats are trashed and frame is rusting pretty bad. It's about 4-5 years old. Buy a used ranger or mule.

Comment

Working...
                              X