Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what part of the state?

Comment

Twinn Buttes San Angelo has public hunting and there are LOTS of turkey there. When I was deer hunting there in Dec I had huge groups of 35 turkeys on a regular basis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TWarren View Post
        If you want a guarantee, public land hunting is not the way to go lol
        If its guaranteed then its not hunting lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
          LBJ grasslands (around Decatur). Hunted there for over 20 years. Come Spring, those Rios will be lighting it up first light. PM me with questions regarding spots to hunt. I don't mind sharing.

Hey man. Do you mind taking me out once, so I can learn the ropes? I plan on using a bow. I haven't strayed off 41 this season, but open to go anywhere out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
            I've found turkey hunts on Craigslist going for $400 and under in some cases but some of the cheaper ones are no guarantee. I wasn't sure if LBJ had turkeys or not.

Public gets a bad rap. I have found turkey past two weekends I have been out at LBJ.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
              Anyone know of any public land in Texas that might hold turkey? I'm having trouble convincing myself that I need to pay someone $400 to take me turkey hunting but it's getting easier by the day to justify it.

I know a place for $300 day hunt for turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
                Hey man. Do you mind taking me out once, so I can learn the ropes? I plan on using a bow. I haven't strayed off 41 this season, but open to go anywhere out there.

I don't have his experience up there, but have taken a few birds up there and can show you around.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntin_Toona View Post
                  I don't have his experience up there, but have taken a few birds up there and can show you around.

Yeah keep me posted if you ever want to meet up there. I've got hogs up there, so I have put in a lot of miles.

Comment

Anyone turkey hunt in Bannister WMA?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                      LBJ grasslands (around Decatur). Hunted there for over 20 years. Come Spring, those Rios will be lighting it up first light. PM me with questions regarding spots to hunt. I don't mind sharing.
                      Could you PM as well? Stupid post count isn't high enough to PM you on my own.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        NW Fort Worth, 45 miles. Wise county.
                        I'll have to definitely check that out. My dad was just telling me about that area today. I've been curious on public turkey around Sam Houston National Forest if you would have any insight on that as well.

Comment

No longer an open season on the Angelina national forest.
                          Not sure why they didn't update it in the annual this year,
                          but they restocked birds on the Angelina within the last couple of years.
                          Last I recall they had road signs at the forest entrance saying no eastern turkey season, but that also need to be posted in the rules and regulations booklet so there's no confusion.

Originally posted by fmlyoutdoorsman View Post
                          Anyone turkey hunt in Bannister WMA?

Comment

Seasons been closed several years now on the Sam Houston NF due to low bird numbers. There are pockets, from previous stockings but not enough to have an open season. I called in a bird about 10 years ago on 1375, but haven't seen or heard one since, although I still get reports...

Originally posted by M_Angelo View Post
                            I'll have to definitely check that out. My dad was just telling me about that area today. I've been curious on public turkey around Sam Houston National Forest if you would have any insight on that as well.

Comment

What are some good units at the LBJ grasslands for Turkeys?

Comment

Your best bet is the grasslands north of fort worth,
                                or Caddo and Sabine in east Texas...

Originally posted by M_Angelo
                                Thanks ���� Any good areas to get them around Montgomery? Or should I try looking around Ft Worth or East Texas? Been wanting to find a good spot for some.

Comment

Working...
                                X