No announcement yet.

Headaches from Campfire???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a few around this Campfire that I'm sure cause the mods headaches.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
      Serious response to try and help you out.

I would get headaches when the house fireplace was lit but not so much on a camp fire. Happens with prescribed fires too. I think it may be an allergy to something burning. You may try using a neti-pot to flush your sinuses after being in the smoke for a while. A lot of people think they are gross but they do really help.
      I do too. What is a neti-pot?

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
      My headaches are usually the morning after the campfire.
      YES

Originally posted by ShoootLow View Post
      I've noticed this as well. When I crank up the smoker the mesquite seems to upset my sinuses and leads to a headache. Oak, hickory, and various fruit trees don't bother me. Brush fires with grass and leaves mess me up also.

Comment

Allergies to certain woods can do that.

Oak and Mesquite do it for me.

Comment

Not by a campfire, but if I do a lot of cooking on my trailer pit I’ll have a headache and sinus issues the next day cause I can’t get out of the smoke no matter where I stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

saw a report once, saying camp fire smoke is worse than cigarettes and loaded with carcinogens...so I'm in trouble

Comment

Not so much from campfires, but if I am burning leaves in the yard I will have a throbbing sinus headache all the next day.

Comment

Burning cedar will give me a pounding headache.

Comment

We can burn anything but as soon as cedar hits the fire I start stopping up and get a headache

Comment

I definitely can sympathize. Smoke is not good for me either. I believe I am slightly allergic to oak. I have to have a lot of exposure.

Comment

How can you prevent it before it hits?

Comment

Yes and it will stop my head up, mess up my contacts and generally make me miserable. I just learned to stay up wind.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonR6ryda View Post
                          saw a report once, saying camp fire smoke is worse than cigarettes and loaded with carcinogens...so I'm in trouble
                          It has been known to cause cancer in California. Thank goodness my fires are in Texas.

Comment

Carbon dioxide

Comment

I hate it for you guys. I thought I was the only one.

Comment

Working...
                              X