Culling doesn’t work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
    SO Why Do Biologist Exists or Why do People Even Go through The trouble to remove Deer?
    people remove deer for tons of reasons.
    1. they think culling works
    2. they like to kill deer

biologist exist for many reasons also. just because culling doesnt work doesnt mean we dont need people to study deer.

ps I have no clue if you were agreeing or disagreeing with me but my reply is true nonetheless lol
    Last edited by Javelin; 10-20-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      I do think it is the same buck because of several traits, including the bobbed tail, but that much gain in 1 year is hard to believe and if its true it is FAR, FAR, from the norm....
      I've seen Plenty of Deer Change that Much up and Down in one Yr. No Surprise here

Great Post For Showing What Young Deer Can Do

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
        people remove deer for tons of reasons.
        1. they think culling works
        2. they like to kill deer

biologist exist for many reasons also. just because culling doesnt work doesnt mean we dont need people to study deer.
        LOL. All Good. Didn't expect a Good Answer.

Culling By Killing Does work To Improve a Herd. 100% Fact

Its How you Decide to Do it is where the Problem Lies

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
          On our 2800 LF place, any buck without brow tines is considered a cull. What do you guys think about that? It’s not my rule, but a lease rule nonetheless. I’m really interested in opinions on this
          This is a cull for us, hoping one of my boys will get him. I'm on your side.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
            This is a cull for us, hoping one of my boys will get him. I'm on your side.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
            how old and what was he Last yr or the Yr before?

Comment

I've seen Plenty of Deer Change that Much up and Down in one Yr. No Surprise here

Great Post For Showing What Young Deer Can Do
              Any pics? HF or LF?
              Plus Mexico bucks eating 1,000's of ponds of feed a year is not a good comparison to average LF Texas deer. That's an entirely different sub species..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                Any pics? HF or LF?
                Plus Mexico bucks eating 1,000's of ponds of feed a year is not a good comparison to average LF Texas deer. That's an entirely different sub species..
                Dang. I don't know Why we all Pray for Rain Every year Then When you Can just Feed Them. Learn Something New Every Day

Comment

You can say cull, kill, shoot , whack, stack, thwack, zip, smoke, run an arra through, let the air out of etc .....but if you say harvest, we cannot be seen in public together.....

sorry Shane...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    You can say cull, kill, shoot , whack, stack, thwack, zip, smoke, run an arra through, let the air out of etc .....but if you say harvest, we cannot be seen in public together.....

sorry Shane...
                    Hey don't drag me back into this , aren't you supposed to be working on your truck?? FOCUS!! Get your head back under that hood where it belongs!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      Hey don't drag me back into this , aren't you supposed to be working on your truck?? FOCUS!! Get your head back under that hood where it belongs!

I culled a few parts and am resting my back.....

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                        I'm not going to get into the debate about culling/ killing and whether or not you should or shouldnt, but I'll throw this picture out there just because. This is the progression from 2014 to 2015. Some would have culled him in 2014 and would have missed the opportunity at a beautiful buck in 2015 and beyond.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                        I’m not 100% convinced it’s the same deer. Lots have a double throat patch. IF it is the same buck how old did you think he was in 2014? A yearlin? A 2 year old? His small horns could very well have been the result of some other factor than genetics. Or, he could just be one that blew up.

Comment

how old and what was he Last yr or the Yr before?
                          We think he's 5, don't recognize him from last year. We don't have monsters but guys in the area have kind of agreed that if they are 4+ and 8pts or less it's a green light.

Comment

Dang. I don't know Why we all Pray for Rain Every year Then When you Can just Feed Them. Learn Something New Every Day
                            I know exactly why you pray for rain and I also know exactly why you feed them like you do.. Lack of rain and no feed and you may as well stay North of the border..

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                              I’m not 100% convinced it’s the same deer. Lots have a double throat patch. IF it is the same buck how old did you think he was in 2014? A yearlin? A 2 year old? His small horns could very well have been the result of some other factor than genetics. Or, he could just be one that blew up.
                              A double throat Patch and a half a Tail. What's The Odds in Two Of Them?

Comment

A double throat Patch and a half a Tail. What's The Odds in Two Of Them?
                                Slim

Comment

Working...
                                X