No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not seeing that many deer either. Too many hogs chasing the deer out. Still pretty exited though because my plots came up this year.

Comment

i'm late on that too, what did you plant this year?

Comment

Good work GT. Those were some pretty good sized pigs. I actually saw some tracks on our place last weekend for the first time ever, so they're starting to spread downstream a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bofly View Post
          i'm late on that too, what did you plant this year?
          I planted oats, chicory, wheat, red clover, turnips, and austrian winterpeas. All is coming up well. Me and matt planted our plots about a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
            Good work GT. Those were some pretty good sized pigs. I actually saw some tracks on our place last weekend for the first time ever, so they're starting to spread downstream a little bit.
            Dang man thats no good. You should ask the landowner if they would allow the pigs to be hunted with rifle in order to control them. You still need to come on out and help me with hog control one evening.

Comment

Gbeard............congrats on some nice hogs. Did you shoot them on Granger or Private land?

Comment

Thanks!! Private land, but close to the WMA. Lots of pigs out there this year.

Comment

Saw a buck and a doe today in G. That's it. Gonna be a slow week this week.

Comment

nice hogs gbeard. Let me know if you need any help with hog control. I would be there in a sec. I have noticed the hog hunting picking up at granger and hope I can get a few more to put in the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bubba's bulletman View Post
                      Saw a buck and a doe today in G. That's it. Gonna be a slow week this week.
                      You one of lucky drawing winners? Just wonder...

Comment

Originally posted by bluenavigator View Post
                        You one of lucky drawing winners? Just wonder...
                        Yes.

And 8 standbys were available but only one person showed up. That would be TBH'r No1hogkiller.

We've put in for this hunt for many years and never drawn till this year.

We'll be in C today.

Comment

So there were avaliable spots to hunt yesterday morning? Where do you show up for standby hunts? Also do you have to pay for the standby hunts? Do they take you to your compartment ? Sorry for all the questions but I would be very interested in bowhunting out there.

Comment

Originally posted by GrangerBoars View Post
                            So there were avaliable spots to hunt yesterday morning? Where do you show up for standby hunts? Also do you have to pay for the standby hunts? Do they take you to your compartment ? Sorry for all the questions but I would be very interested in bowhunting out there.

There were 7 slots left. You need to call the Granger WMA and listen to the recording about how many standbys are available, show up at the hunter check station at the Willis Creek park gate by 11 the day of the hunt with a money order for the cost of the hunt and see if they have room.

It's first come first serve. If more people show than slots, then you'll put you name in the hat a draw.

I saw one nice buck and 8 doe today. I had one doe at 17 yards the spooked when I move a little too much. Never got full draw.

Everybody's after big boy on this hunt so I don't expect many hog or doe to be taken.

I'm beat, I going to bed.

Comment

do you know how much it cost? do you only get to hunt for that one day? Sorry I just really want to hunt out there.. thank for the help

Comment

From the TPWD website.... just call the ranger and show up the morning of if there are standbys. they draw and if you get drawn pay fee and be ready to hunt all week if you want.

GRANGER Area Code: GR NOTICE: These extended hunt periods will have a $130 permit fee. BAG AND POSSESSION LIMITS: Two whitetailed
                                deer (either sex). Bucks must have at least one unbranched antler or an inside main beam spread of 13 inches or greater; if two bucks are harvested, then only one may have an inside main beam spread of 13 inches or greater. Unlimited feral hogs, coyotes, and bobcats. HUNT METHOD: By compartment. Hunters may bring portable blinds for their use. Limited vehicular traffic and ATVs and ORVs may be used for blind placement or game retrieval only. Baiting is allowed. PERMITS AVAILABLE: 100 LAST YEAR: 269 applicants for 100 permits HUNTER SUCCESS: 9%

H U N T S C H E D U L E
                                HUNT DATES
                                Oct. 19-23
                                Nov. 9-13
                                Nov. 30-Dec.4
                                Dec. 14-18
                                Jan. 4-8

Comment

Working...
                                X