X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think that you are talking about Springhill Restaurant

Comment

Originally posted by diamondstud254 View Post
      Went out yesterday it was HOT. Saw about 16 deer (half of them decent bucks) running around taunting me because they know I can't shoot them. No sign of hogs. Saw some snakes too. Where are they?>!?!
      Where are the hogs? In compartment A!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GrangerBoars View Post
        There is a place in plugerville that my buddy says has some great crawfish and oysters. Im not sure of the name but its suppose to have some great cajun food. Ill find out the name and let you know. I have seen some snakes to but they have been small and on the road. We have killed about three and they were cotten mouths. Wish I would have gone out this morning it would have been a nice morning.
        This place? http://www.crawfishshack.net/

Comment

Thats it. Still haven't gone yet but I want to soon. I heard it is really good. Anyone go hunting this weekend or was it closed to deer hunting? If so and deer sighted? I have seen some big bucks below the dam so I hope there are some taken.

Comment

hey does anyone know the dates that the granger wma is closed for deer hunting? I know there are signs everywhere out there that have the dates but never took the time to look long enough to remember.

Comment

good luck to all going

Comment

It is on there website . Ill post it here in a few

Comment

2009 Closures
                  Oct 19 - Oct 23
                  Nov 9 - 13
                  Nov 23 - 25
                  Nov 30 - Dec 4
                  Dec 14 - 18
                  Dec 28 - 30

2010 Closures
                  Jan 4 - 8
                  Jan 11 - 13

Comment

thanks grangerboars for the info. Also where is compartment A? The units aren't marked with letters in the map booklet.

Comment

Im not to sure Ive always used numbers. Below the dam is always my favorite. When it starts to get cold hog hunting will pick up. We will shoot many more.

Comment

Sure hope so man I wanna smoke one for a college ball game. gotta be the provider for the tailgate haha.

Comment

"Below the Dam" is seperated into three compartments, A B and C. A being on the north side of the river.

Comment

Yea I hear you . If you hunt hard enough you will run into them. My buddy and I went out prolly 10 times before we ran into the group that I shot one. Once you do though its all worth it. Just remember the smaller ones smoke better and are easier to drag out. IMO the bigger ones don't eat as well and are much harder to clean. Thats why I shoot for the 75-100lb range cause they eat much better and can still feed a large group.

Comment

I agree with GrangerBoars. Went there many times already. Still enjoy the hunt every time I went there. I haven't got one hog yet since l started hunting at Granger WMA last spring. I believe in myself that one day, I will run into them. I had been to Gate 6 and 7 and Pecan Grove. I had sighted couple hogs since but no shooters yet. Plenty of deers, in fact, last Saturday, I saw at least 7 does less than 50 yards from where I stand. It is worth time to spend in the woods and get familiar with the area.

Last Saturday, I am sure that there are at least 2 hunters at Gate 8 because I saw one dark blue Grand Cherokee and white dodge truck (I think that it is dodge...). It was around 11:15 AM. I hunted from spillway parking lot.

Comment

Yea I would say I average about a 1-10 chance on seeing a hog when I head out there. My all time favorite spot would have to be the south side of the spillway. The road the dutches gas station is on. You go just past the road that goes across the dam and theres a parking area just to your left. Park there and walk the road and listen to the bloodreeds. If it is calm outside you have a good chance of hearing them moving around in the reeds. If not them walk all the way to the end of the road and walk back slowly looking for them walking around...

Comment

Working...
                                X