Transistor radio to listen to Aggie games on Saturdays
    Amo
    Knives
    Come Along
    Coffee
    A couple bottles of water
    Snack, maybe a sammich or taco
    Camera with long lens

Yeah, I've been known to have to make two trips from the truck to the blind.

Comment

Afternoon bag

Click image for larger version

Name:	RTIC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	24510558

Click image for larger version

Name:	007199032000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	24510559

Comment

No bag. Pocketknife, small flashlight, binoculars and Thermocell (when needed).

Comment

No matter what im hunting, i carry my backpack with me.

It holds my binos, bottle of water, light snack, flashlight/headlamp, facepaint, extra scent spray, knife, and my wallet. I hate sitting on my wallet for hours so i put it in a zippered pouch.
          When bowhunting i also stand my quiver up in it. I dont like to shoot with it on, so i use it to hold my arrows to keep from cutting my bag.

Comment

ep, I kinda figured that one out years ago. Flashlight, pocket knife, cell phone, handkerchief. When hunting the hogs, my .40 Ruger. That's about it.

Now if we're talking about a 5 mile still hunt for elk in Colorado, well, that's something else again.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
              Knife, bottle of Coke, small flashlight and a thigh pocket of folded paper towels. That's it.
              I hunt from a tree stand or still hunt...... morning hunt until 2 pm

Dang I wanna hunt/party with you!!!![emoji12]

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                Afternoon bag

[ATTACH]872673[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]872674[/ATTACH]
                You misspelled 'Morning' Bag!

Comment

Water
                  small towel for wet seats
                  TP
                  Havalon
                  folding saw
                  Calls, usually grunt tube, bleat can and rattle pack depending on time of year
                  zip ties
                  flashlight
                  tiny backup flash light
                  face paint
                  gloves
                  ozone machine

Comment

bow or firearm and ammo
                    flashlight
                    bottle of water
                    backpack full of camera / optics gear.
                    phone

Comment

Tp

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                        Knife, bottle of Coke, small flashlight and a thigh pocket of folded paper towels. That's it.
                        I hunt from a tree stand or still hunt...... morning hunt until 2 pm

Reminds me of a Pat Travers song...

Comment

Pocket knife flashlight. Rest stays on 4wheeler. It's always within a few hundred yards. If I shoot something always go to 4wheeler before tracking.

Comment

I have my knife on my belt and bino's around my neck and TP and phone in my pocket. Water bottle in my hand. Only carry pack when it's cold and I need warm clothes.

Comment

I hunt a short distance from my ride right now, and I still bring a bunch of stuff with me which I don't think it right or wrong (Note - majority of my hunting in the dark for hogs):

-charged backup 18650 batteries for kill light/vape
                              -headlamp with red light setting (without cycling through)
                              -knife
                              -snacks
                              -water
                              -pee bottle
                              -large, powerful flashlight for blood tracking
                              -zip ties
                              -energy drink for the long hunts (who am I kidding, they are almost always long hunts)
                              -hand corn
                              -wind checker
                              -remotes for feeders (even though they don't always work)
                              -external battery to juice up the phone
                              -earbuds (one night I was hunting hogs pretty late and was tired and restless and about to call it quits and head back to camp - I decided to listen to some Jerry Jeff Walker with one ear bud in and hunt a little longer...a couple songs in, a hog came in...I got to finish the album cleaning a hog and putting him in a cooler)

TP is always in the car. Always. But not in my bag.

I get what you are saying. I don't need all that I bring. I could pack less. I also like being prepared for a long hunt without having to wonder if I'm going to potentially lessen my chances hunting by making a trip to get something before the shot with movement and scent.

I can't take myself too seriously though by "controlling" the hunt. For all I know, I have missed an opportunity at a group of hogs I could have stalked up to if I left where I was sitting all night waiting for them to come to me.

Comment

I only take a few things along with the usual pocket stuff (knife/phone). Anything killed will be cleaned at the barn so no need for cleaning supplies.

-bow
                                -binos/RF
                                -thermocell (new)
                                -corn (hand tossed on my way in)

If rifle hunting, I'll take my fanny pack with a few more things. snacks/adult beverages, earbuds for football, and last but not least.... WASP SPRAY!

EDIT: Lost track of the point LOL to answer OP question, I don't carry a bag when bow hunting. Only if I'll be in the stand with some room to spread out.

Comment

Working...
                                X