Best Credit Card To Own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    Ya....sounds like it! OP asked which CC was best to have....didn't ask for a finance lecture
    Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
      Interest rate dont matter if you pay it off each month. I got a chase card for points and use it instead of debit card and never pay any interest. Im almost up to 1K cash value and I got it in Jan of this year. My debit doesnt give me anything. Also you have more protections using credit card over debit.
      Yep

I've now got around 160k points needing to be used. We usually have $4-5k in expenses a month on a card without major spending like vacations or toys and feel like the years of it on a debit card was a waste. Now I at least get something back

Comment

Cabelas

Comment

i've had many cards but the best one by far is my marriott visa - they have a signup bonus right now for 80k points. you start getting free nights in one of their level 1 hotels at 7500, so essentially a week free, so long as you spend 3500 within the first 3 months of having the card. annual fee is $89, but you get a free night stay in a hotel every year - so to me its a wash. you can use the rewards for things other than travel fwiw.

i'll send anyone on here a link to the offer if you want to sign up, plus i'll get 20k bonus points
          Last edited by topshot; 09-13-2017, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
            I use my Southwest card for everything. I pay it off every Friday. I just booked my 35th free flight on Southwest earlier this week.
            We do this!

Comment

Who cares about interest...pay it off each month

Only buy what you have money for. Then find the best rewards card for you

Comment

Capital One Spark Business

https://www.capitalone.com/small-bus...ds/spark-cash/

Comment

I use the Capital One Venture card. I have no clue what the interest rate is(I pay it off monthly), but I do get 2 points for every dollar. I think the yearly fee is $80, but you can use your points for any airline, hotel, etc. I think you can even get gift cards.

Comment

I carry american express because the points are great and I have an american airlines card because it gets me status and free flights.

Comment

American Express.

No interest. Small yearly fee. Great points program.

I put everything I can on mine and pay it before the 10th of the month. Works great.

Occasionally, but not often you get the 'we don't take amex'. Unless I really need their product or service I'll usually say thanks anyway and walk off.

They even have special access to hard to get stuff. Concert tickets, restaurant reservations, premium lounges in airports, etc

And you can stay in the good favor of Dave Ramsey.
                      Last edited by flatlander; 09-13-2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Best credit card? One where someone else is paying the bill. [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          I would sacrifice. I honestly wouldn't care if it was 20% because I won't carry a balance anyway. I have Chase Saphire Reserve and have been really happy with it and dealing with them. Fee is $450 but you get $300 of it back when spent on any travel (flight, hotel, etc). Get access to airport lounges and it also pays for your Global Entry/TSA precheck application. 3x points on travel and dining so more for travelers
                          X2 Chase Sapphire Reserve

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                            I like my Citi double 2% card. Pay a lot of my bills with it and then pay that balance at the end of the month. Surprising how much builds up by just paying the phone bill, tv bill, etc. with it.
                            Same here. Chase Saphire just started charging me an annual fee so I switched.

Comment

I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon so their rewards card is my favorite.

Comment

Last edited by Pineywoods; 09-13-2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X