Deer Processing Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
    The short answer is they probably do. I've never asked about that, whenever I took a deer there it was to butcher so I'm not sure. My recommendation is to call them in advance and ask if they offer it. I know Hibler's in San Saba does but they charge something like $20 (not cheap).
    I may have to stop by this weekend and talk with them.
    Appreciate the info.

Comment

Detroit Processing in Detroit, TX I think about 65 bucks for the standard cut on a deer. It is between Paris and Clarksville on HWY 82 I think. Good luck this season.

Comment

I used Woodbury in Kerrville most recently and tried a little bit of everything they offered. It was a great average price was about $4.50/lb on ~800lbs. There website will give a good breakdown of their prices. I really like the chili cheese dog sausage with jalapenos and the mango sausage was dang good. Got some of the cactus sausage t and it was ok. The ground meat is dang good too. Got a lot of breakfast sausage regular and medium spice - awesome. Also some of the apple cinnamon breakfast sausage - it's ok~.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Can anyone recommend a processor close to Austin? Thanks

Comment

Kuby's gets my vote in the DFW area...all day long!

Comment

Originally posted by 03GruntUSMC View Post
                North Austin/Pfugerville/Round Rock area - the best one around is Kleins Meats. I have been getting all my deer processed there for over 20yrs.

It is located in Pflugerville, just a couple blocks off of 1825. I don't know the address, but the phone number is 512-251-3300. If you want to take a deer in during bow season, call first. Regular hours don't start till rifle season.

Bisch
                Last edited by Bisch; 09-22-2015, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  North Austin/Pfugerville/Round Rock area - the best one around is Kleins Meats. I have been getting all my deer processed there for over 20yrs.

It is located in Pflugerville, just a couple blocks off of 1825. I don't know the address, but the phone number is 512-251-3300. If you want to take a deer in during bow season, call first. Regular hours don't start till rifle season.

Bisch
                  Thank you, hope to bring a few this year.

Comment

I used Alans sausage kitchen in Huffman last year. Really considering grinding half my stuff myself and having them do the other half in sausage and snack sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by 03GruntUSMC View Post
                      Hudson's on SoCo. Cant beat it. Get your backstrap processed and the rest turned into chopt steaks. You won't regret it. Sausage is jam up too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayt22 View Post
                        I do my own all for around $20.00
                        Except for my sausage. That is done a Cinnamon Creek

Comment

Kimble County Processing in Junction ALWAYS does a bang up job for me... Nice People and they vaccum seal ... 75.00 for basic processing of whitetail and 95.00 for large exotic... They took care of a couple of axis this summer for me and even have a freezer for afterhours dropoff... Just call ahead on the afterhours drop off for the lock combo.... Both processors filled up and wouldnt take deer one of the busy weekends last season ...They said its hard finding good reliable help .... Lots of volume coming out of Kimble county

Comment

Wilson County Meat Market in La Vernia does a great job, but they are expensive.
                            Pruskis in Adkins does great work as well, and a little less expensive, not sure of the exact $.
                            Rust Meat market in Clear Springs/New Braunfels did pretty decent work. 25# sausage 25# burger meat for $110.
                            I haven't had anything process at Dzuiks in Castroville but I have had chorizo from a wild pig, deer sausage, and random cuts of meat from there and they are gooooooodddd...

Comment

Ranch House in Menard does a very good job

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                Smittys Meat Market (formerly SilverSeal) in Tomball.
                                Same great recipes - less the grumpy old woman
                                (and unfortunately, less the great jokes with the old man)
                                I think the old man and his son still work there during deer season.

Comment

Working...
                                X