No announcement yet.

Monster buck...but it makes me sad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like the trash but that is unreal. It is a shame that money gets in the way of everything beautiful.

Comment

Not even the same animal that I hunt. Its a whole different species as far as Im concerned.

Comment

Its always about the dollar.

Comment

Something about deer and stock trailers that just ain't right. That's all I got.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            Something about deer and stock trailers that just ain't right. That's all I got.
            x2

Comment

IDK about that..

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                Not even the same animal that I hunt. Its a whole different species as far as Im concerned.
                Well said.

Comment

Its not even a nice-looking deer, total freak of (non)nature.

Comment

I am wondering if you put him in the wild to fend for himself, have to compete with other bucks for does to breed, eat natural food, no protein, ect, what the rack he would grow would be like. I bet it would not be like that.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBlkCld View Post
                      I'd rather see a big typical in a low fence while not using a rage. Hehe. Sorry had to. Lol
                      hahaha
                      me too!

Comment

Originally posted by buckmastertexas View Post
                        I am wondering if you put him in the wild to fend for himself, have to compete with other bucks for does to breed, eat natural food, no protein, ect, what the rack he would grow would be like. I bet it would not be like that.
                        Absolutely not. That's hormones and steroids and probably some genetics but look in hunting magazines from 15-20 years ago. Deer like that did not exist. It's all man made.
                        Last edited by PondPopper; 08-28-2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by buckmastertexas View Post
                          Nope, genes wont do that much without proper nutrition. These bucks have a protein buffet year round

Comment

Originally posted by Navajo View Post
                            He just seems unnatural ...
                            Because it is. I'd be embarresed to have a deer like that on my wall knowing how he got that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Thumper View Post
                              Well its not good or bad IMO, it does look unnatural but think about how many of these huge breeder bucks now have their genes floating around the state of Texas in the wild from deer that jumped the fence or got out a hole in it. I look at it like ranching or raising horses, they breed them to be genetically superior and this deer is the outcome of just that. Some say its wrong while others say its ok but regardless its a product of supply and demand in the state, everyone wants larger and larger deer however some dont want to see how that comes about though. No one would bat an eye if this deer cruised under their stand this fall but to see it in a pen is a different story. I always go back to my favorite motto, To Each Their Own
                              This is how I see it. How many of you have a favorite dog that is by your side everyday? Dogs are bred and manipulated till ideal results are reached.

What we're seeing in deer breeding is the exact same thing.

Comment

It's waay too much IMO. I prefer them el natural.

Comment

Working...
                                X