Insurance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance question

I had my Polaris ranger in my local shop in Orange for oil change and service. Well the shop ended up with about two feet of water in it. I still don't know how bad it is yet. My question is will my home owners insurance cover any repairs on the ranger or will the shop have insurance to cover repairs?

I would think shop has an umbrella policy,

Comment

If you donot have a separate policy on the sis. Then the shops garage keepers policy should cover it , homeowners will not cover physical damage. Wade

Comment

Don't know that your HO policy will cover motorized vehicles UNLESS they are SOLEY used for maintaining your property.

Comment

Insurance threads make me smile

Comment

How do you know their is even anything wrong with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
              I would think shop has an umbrella policy,
              My dad's boat burned while it was in a guy's shop in Whitney.My ol man didn't carry insurance on that boat.The shop's insurance wouldn't pay him anything.Other people's stuff wasn't part of the policy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                My dad's boat burned while it was in a guy's shop in Whitney.My ol man didn't carry insurance on that boat.The shop's insurance wouldn't pay him anything.Other people's stuff wasn't part of the policy.

That's how it will be most every time. Most shops do not pay for the additional coverage needed to cover it. It is in their "care, custody and control" so they are responsible for it. It's all together different to get them to pay for it if something happens to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Worley View Post
                  That's how it will be most every time. Most shops do not pay for the additional coverage needed to cover it. It is in their "care, custody and control" so they are responsible for it. It's all together different to get them to pay for it if something happens to it.
                  The funny thing was.My dad specifically asked him to keep it in the shop because he didn't carry ins on it.He worried someone would steal it while it was there..Then the shop burns up.It was the only boat in the shop.All the boats in the yard were fine!lol

Comment

Wow that stinks I was told wrong then thanks for the heads up

Comment

You won't be able to get an accurate answer here it all depends on policy language. The shop should have garage keepers coverage, but the coverage could be primary or secondary. The policy also could be written to exclude natural occurrences suh as flooding. It will all depend on your policy as well if there will be any coverage. Report a claim to both to see what options you have.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                        How do you know their is even anything wrong with it?

Just know the water marks on the building is between 2 to 3 feet up. Will not know for sure until they open on Tuesday.

Comment

T-roy66

How did this turn out. I'm thinking about using them for some work on my SxS.

Comment

2 ft of water shouldn't have hurt it but 3 ft might. Find out the condition of it first, then ask about their ins. It wouldn't be covered on your homeowners unless it was in a garage on your property. I carry separate ins on mine anyway besides an umbrella.
                            Is it just a service shop or a dealership? A dealership would most likely have ins to cover it.
                            If they don't and there's problems, you can always take them to court.

Comment

Working...
                            X