No announcement yet.

Morning Erection, my barndo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're gonna have a big TBH BBQ when this things done right?! Like the one on McLintock?

Comment

Interesting choice of words for the heading. Nice building!

Comment

Nice build!

Comment

Very nice, thanks for letting us tag along! We are thinking about a smaller version of one.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
            Really impressive job, where is this located?
            It's located in Goliad county.

The roof is done. Still have gutters and down spouts to install.
            I have begun to fabricate and install the substructure for the vaulted ceiling in the kitchen / living area. Plan on using old barn tin for that. Also some metal beams suspended 10ft or so above the floor that will be boxed in with wood.

Will try to get some pics up of the above soon.

Comment

It's coming along .......

Finally got the roof on and it mostly dried in. Needing to hang some steel before having it spray foamed. I had to use a chain fall and an electric winch to put the square tubing up. Must have been up and down that scaffolding a 100 times to get it up, leveled and welded by myself. Hoping to pull wire for the service this coming week so I can get more electricity for lights and a few outlets. I can start moving saws, a air compressor, work benches and other equipment in there now. Thinking out loud I may just drag a wire feed welder to help with the welding chores.

Comment

Good work and looking good. Thanks for the update.

Comment

looks awesome

Comment

Sure is looking good!

Comment

Looking great sendit!!! Curious though, What is the purpose of the square tubing along the interior peak? Support?

Comment

So nice....I really like the color combination. Well done so far sir and congrats!

Comment

That place looks amazing!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Wakehunter View Post
                              Looking great sendit!!! Curious though, What is the purpose of the square tubing along the interior peak? Support?

It's going to serve a couple of purposes. Its main purpose is to support the vaulted ceiling. I am dropping the height down a bit in the middle to allow a space between the roof and ceiling. The 2 outside post(one of those hadn't been installed when the pics above were taken) are going to be in a wall and not seen. The 2 in the middle will be seen but they will be boxed in with rock/wood and provide a place in the middle of the room to attach beams running across a 40 foot span. In turn the beams will provide a place to install indirect lighting and ceiling fans.
                              I hope this makes sense. There will be a 12ft island bar just behind them
                              to separate the kitchen and living area.

On another note I got the service wire pulled. Three 3/0's and a #4 ground.

Comment

Looks great!!! I cant wait to watch the interior come together. Keep us updated.

Comment

Working...
                                X