No announcement yet.

So, who is NOT ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really have anywhere to hunt, so...

Comment

Can't wait!! Leaving on the 28th for Zapata Texas, brush in a few pop ups on Friday and double check everything and be ready to rock bright and early Saturday morning!! 16 Days!!!!!

Comment

I have 800 acres next door to hunt. Have a feeder out and that's it. 4 of us hunts this place and I think there are only two feeders running. Mosquitoes are so bad I doubt I will hunt it until the first cold front.

Comment

The eye of Harvey went directly over our lease. There are very large tress blocking most of the roads. All of our stands and feeders are down. We have a lot of work to do before we can hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
            Harvey ruined my season lost all my stands and feeders.
            Same here. Guess I'll be hitting up the national forest

Comment

My stands have been hanging from the same trees for 10 years
              I dont have feeders
              I never need to clear brush for shooting lanes
              i should get the bow out pretty soon for a little practice

Comment

Nada. Need to move a tree stand and a feeder. Need to get to shooting my bow more regularly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm ready in the field just not ready on the other half but some how will pull it off.

Comment

All my gear is ready, but I ain't! Work and problems associated with work have put a dampner on my enthusiasm to go.

Comment

I was ready except for a little mowing and then Harvey flooded the house.
                      Will still be hunting opening weekend. The house can wait.

Comment

Building a house and living in a travel trailer has me less ready than ever. But I will still have a spot or two ready.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                          Yeah I think Harvey flooded all the deer out of the river bottom where I hunt. My little lease in Polk county will have to do I guess but with everything going on I haven't checked cams and my feeders are probably empty. Hopefully get it taken care of on Saturday. I do have a Colorado elk hunt in October so I am excited about that.
                          You'd be surprised how fast they come back. My area was under 3-4' of water for almost 2 weeks and I saw a bunch of deer there yesterday, just 4 days after the water dropped.

Comment

I bought a new bow and had in a soft case and opened the door of my truck....bow case fell out and bent my sight...had to send that in to HHA...waiting for it to come back.
                            So not ready yet.

Comment

Originally posted by HelmCrusher View Post
                              I am not ready. My lease was a few feet underwater in Liberty County. Had a guy on the lease tell me that there are fresh tracks of hogs and deer in the mud and around the feeders. Haven't shot the bow since last fall, no trail cams out. At least the stands and feeders are ok as far as I know. Got a kid on the way also, so my prep time and hunting time has been and will be limited. Stuff happens just do the best with what you have. Good luck !
                              Went to Devers Lease yesterday evening. The water had gotten really deep pretty much over the whole lease as far as I can tell. We could smell dead animals every now and then but didn't really investigate what it was. Hopefully it was more hogs than deer. We did see 6 deer and 1 hog so somehow or another they survived the flood. Also saw a scrape and plenty of tracks so I'm hopeful all will be good!

Comment

i thought i was ready, but its hard to hunt when your homeless, harvey ruined my season, my home my shop and my wife's car, ,, at least we have a decent place to stay with my daughter and son in law,,, i have no place to put any meat if i killed something,,,, maybe i can do some fall salt water fishing this year,,,,

Comment

Working...
                                X