Food plot and a little work today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    have you used any of the white institute or biologic stuff? i know its commercial but the guys i have seen that have planted have had great success, mostly in the midwest though. those companies have a huge budget to spend on research, they may not be all hype....
    No I never have bought either one....but I'm going to buy some Whitetail Institute clover this year and compare it to the Durana. Durana gets really strong in its second year so this year will be interesting to see how/if it bounces back from the cattle and drought.

The WI clover gets great reviews from some good food plotters on QDMA so I'm looking forward to checking it out.
    Last edited by unclefish; 07-30-2013, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Nice place

Comment

how are those chestnuts coming? gonna have any for sale this fall?

Comment

how are those chestnuts coming? gonna have any for sale this fall?
          Man my chestnuts have taken a beating. They are very fickle in the first year. I have about 10 left out of six times that many. The ones I have are doing fair but I can't wait til fall to plant them. I'll update the other chestnut thread soon.

Comment

Think he will make P&Y? I think he is borderline. I just checked the camera and had several nice younger bucks along with this guy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375718631028.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	24227968
            Attached Files
            Last edited by unclefish; 08-05-2013, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Another view

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375718932491.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	24227969

Comment

We are on cr424. I need you to come out and show me what im doing wrong when you have time.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                  Another view

[ATTACH]527378[/ATTACH]

man he is a great looking buck, i like the mass! he will be close to 125 and still has a bit more to add.....congrats man, good luck with him

Comment

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
                    We are on cr424. I need you to come out and show me what im doing wrong when you have time.
                    LOL....I don't know what the heck I'm doing most of the time.
                    I just like to tinker and try new stuff and see what happens.

Would love to come look at your place though.

Comment

man he is a great looking buck, i like the mass! he will be close to 125 and still has a bit more to add.....congrats man, good luck with him
                      Thank you sir. I think this is him as a 2 year old but I'm not positive. He was a 9pt then too....same config. This pic was in 2011 and would now make him a 4 year old. He could be a new deer altogether though.

Comment

I think he goes about 118-120". Nice mature buck. I know this is going to sound stupid, but what is the score minimum to be pope and young?

Comment

125 for P&Y

Comment

Nice buck! Would you take him this year given the opportunity?

Comment

Possibly. It depends on what else shows up

I might let my son whack him for his first bow kill.

Comment

That would be awesome. I'd whack him for sure, but I've never killed one that big.

Comment

Working...
                                X