Management/Hog help *pic heavy*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Management/Hog help *pic heavy*

Ok, so Im not ashamed to admit, I need help. One being setting up my property to keep deer coming. And two, finding these hogs.

Story, I have had a hog problem for sometime now with them rooting up approximately 100acres all of grazing area for cattle. Confirmed sightings by my Grandfather, Uncle and cousin have stated to have seen a boar approximately 300-400lbs with tusks measuring 6-7in in width. I have myself have seen his tracks and root marks. At any given time there are 3-4 hogs on the property but in upwards of 10-12 have been spotted numerous times. I cant get them to come to my feeders and I have not seen them personally. But I have pics to prove what they have done to the property.

Deer. I have numerous pics of does on my property coming to the feeders but mostly at night. On the northern most part of the property is where the bucks have been spotted. This where my cousin who I stated in an early post had harvested a 203. He conintuely sees 5 bucks cross my property to what I believe is to get water. I have a feeder in place with camera to hopefully catch these boogers on camera.

Thanks for your help guys

Key: Red line - property line
    Green lines- Game trails and heavy
    Red star- feeder and camera
    Black star- where I am thinking of placing feeder and camera
    Blue line-creek
    Brown square-hog rooting
    Attached Files

First pic, northern most part of property
    Second pic, west part of property
    Thrid pic, east part

I left out the southern most since that is a hay bailing field and I leave it alone for the most part.

Comment

Set up along the blue line inside the woods! Hogs travel there more often than not. Good luck!

On ur 2nd pic ur stars shd b opposite side of where u were thinking. My guesses only. If I was there could give a better assessment but thats the best I can with pics provided
      Last edited by Silent Assassin; 02-04-2012, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Hard to explain the blue line, its a creek bottom. Impossible to get in or out cause of steep sides, the only way in or out is a game trail I followed which is near the red star (currently where my feeder is at) and our in the open where there is no brush. There is a culvert to cross.

On the east side pic, the heavy brush is where I have pretty much figured out where they are staying. The trails are big enough for a pig to get through but no way big enough to get through for a human, that's why I consider putting the feeders there

Comment

Time for some clearing I guess

Comment

Anybody else have any ideas?

Comment

Ok im not much for hunting these hogs but ive read that if u get a big huge can of corn and leave it in a plastic bag and leave in the sun for a week or two it will reak and stink like bad . They will smell it and come a runin. Hello kole im david . New comer to bow hunting and this sight . I and my son and wife would love to meet you sometime and help you out . If we kill these hogs we will give you the meat. Ive watched how to process them so its not hard at all . As for that 3or 4 hundred pound hog your going to have to shoot that mother with an elephant gun lol . 50 cal musket or black powder rifle will do it . If you want you could call us once we all get to know each other . Hope you reply partner .

Comment

Hers another thought put your feeder right next to the creek bed thats where they waller and feed also . Then set up a blind and sit there real early in the mornin.

Comment

Dont know if you got my private nessage or not . My wife is a graduated emt . Lol she asked please let us kill your hogs lol.try those traps also . You know they eat rotton meat also . So leave some chicken out and let it rot for a while . They are like alegaitors they eat anything .

Comment

1. Get several trail cams set up in different places.

2. Set up your ambushs with corn soaked in diesel fuel. They love it.

3. Get several sets of hunters ... all set up at the same time; patience, patience, patience.

4. Use AR-15's with 30 round magazines and red dot scopes (for faster target acquisition).

5. Fire at will.

Comment

Well I'm gonna shoot this hog with my bow hell or high water. I have never seen it, just seen his signs and everyone else has seen.

I've put out numerous attractants but haven't had any luck. The problem with traps is I'm not there but 2 to 3 days out of the month. I'm trying to get them to the feeder and regularly so I can get them when I'm there. Not sure if that's feasible or not.

Comment

Well i live in spring and we go to willis alot to drop the kids off at the dads maybe we could drive up and check it for you if you like . Kole we arent trying to be pushy ok we are new at all this and well hunting is very very exspensive and we would love to make friends with people in this bowhunter comunity .

Comment

Oh yes, expensive definitely. Friends are always welcomed

Comment

Maybe we could cordanate a hunt with like 7 or 8 people i know 5 right off the bat lol.

Comment

If we exchange phone numbers maybe we could meet to discuss a stratagy. Our email is dhall0318@aol.com if you wanna leave a number .

Comment

Working...
                              X