Big Buck BowHunt Contest with ForEverlast and TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Buck BowHunt Contest with ForEverlast and TBH

Michael mentioned the 15th Annual Big Buck BowHunt Contest with ForEverlast a couple weeks ago. The Divisions are worked out and we are ready for registration.

I have uploaded the form in The Store. The cost is $15 if you mail or drop off. $16 if you pay by credit card here, or at ForEverlast.

All info (Rules, Registration, etc) can be found on this link.

Deadline to register is end of business on September 29th, 2017.

Good Luck to all who register!

Well, I am hunting Hagerman again this year...

Comment

I've had a lot of folks ask over the years about us conducting a TBH Big Buck tournament. When Billy contacted me about teaming up with ForEverlast and their annual contest, we jumped at the opportunity!

We were significantly delayed by Harvey in ironing out the details, so we'll only have a couple of weeks to get registered before the deadline. Because of the delay and a little bit of uncertainty in the number of participants we'll get from opening it up to TBH and the internet, we opted to keep the format simple this year and then make adjustments in the future.

I encourage site members - and especially the kids - to participate. It is designed to be a FUN, low stress contest, originally for the local community and now to include our virtual community here at TBH!

We will likely be reaching out to some folks here regarding scoring in various areas around Texas. Post here if you'd be willing to be a scorer.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Sounds fun......ill register tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Sounds fun......ill register tomorrow
          Awesome! Thanks!
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Would like to see some scorers respond and then, I'm in. (Not that I'll need one but willing to donate.

Comment

Well, the link for registration and rules won't open for me???

Bisch

Comment

I will donate to you trophy hunters! I can score in the San Antonio area or I'll be in Kinney County every weekend of deer season if you guys can't find someone and need help.

Comment

I'll score for y'all. Located in Leander.

And sometimes Brady.

And sometimes Dilley.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    Would like to see some scorers respond and then, I'm in. (Not that I'll need one but willing to donate.
                    Quit sandbagging! You know you have that monster tied to a tree waiting on season to start.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      Billy and I discussed accepting other legitimate contest scores as preliminary entries, with final winner subject to verification from secondary scorers. Again, this is intended to be for fun and to encourage youth participation and to give back to "local" communities (including the TBH community!).

Billy would love to have other shops around the state (including CCR) participate as official scoring location/prize donors to encourage state-wide participation. Billy's vision has always been to encourage hunter and youth participation, as opposed to a revenue generating contest. Opening it up will allow us to, hopefully, continue that tradition!
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Saved for later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          Well, the link for registration and rules won't open for me???

Bisch
                          Are you trying to open from phone or computer? I am having trouble opening on my phone, but it opens fine on laptop. I'll try to figure it out....but in the meantime, here are the details...

Rules:
                          1. Contest includes Archery Only and General season (Youth-Only dates are allowed for youth hunters) as outlined by Texas Parks & Wildlife.
                          2. Buck must be harvested by bow or cross bow. Firearms are not allowed.
                          3. Entry form with $15 fee must be postmarked or dropped off at one of the Drop Off locations by Friday September 29 2017 at the close of business.
                          4. Make checks payable to BigBuck BowHunt. Payments by credit card either by calling 361-798-1531 or online will have a $1 service fee added.
                          5. There are 7 divisions.
                          • Lavaca County Division– free ranging buck harvested in Lavaca County by an adult.
                          • Texas Open Division – free ranging buck harvested in any Texas county other than Lavaca County or the Special South Texas area by an adult
                          • South Texas Division – free ranging buck harvested in the area described as the Specil South Texas in the Texas Parks & Wildlife by an adult.
                          • High Fence Division—buck harvested from land that is surrounded by an escape-proof fence by a hunter of any age; youth or adult. No scientific breeder deer will be allowed
                          • Youth Division – free ranging buck harvested in any Texas county by a youth 15 or younger as of Sept 30th, 2017. bow or Cross bows allowed.
                          * Cross Bow Division– Crossbow will be allowed and must be presented at time of scoring will apply to all age categories.
                          • Longest spike buck-measuring both sides to total combined score. No other antler can measure off of beam greater than 7/8”
                          6. The $15 fee enters a hunter in all divisions applicable by age, however the hunter can claim only one prize in the contest overall.
                          7. Deer must be a legal Whitetail buck harvested during legal seasons as defined by Texas Parks & Wildlife. County game laws must be followed.
                          8. Bucks considered “tame”, “domesticated” or “pet” are not allowed.
                          9. Bucks that were ever kept inside a pen for breeding purposes or any other reason are not allowed. Bucks cannot have been raised in a fenced-in area and released. Bucks that are tagged or tattooed are not allowed.
                          10. Lavaca County bucks must be measured within 24 hours, others must be measured within 72 hours of harvest, by one of the official scorers listed below.
                          11. It is the hunter’s responsibility to travel to Hallettsville, TX for scoring unless an alternative location is agreed upon by the scorer.
                          12. A buck with cape and antlers attached must be presented for scoring.
                          13. The buck must be legally harvested and properly tagged according to the most recent Texas Parks & Wildlife Outdoor Annual.
                          14. Winners will be decided by the total gross score using the Pope & Young method of scoring.
                          15.Tie breakers will be determined by the longest single point off of either main beam. All measurements are rounded to the nearest 1/8”.
                          16. In the event that placing entries are within 1 point of each other, each of the remaining scorers will re-score the bucks. Final score will be an average of the 4 scores.
                          17. Random lie detector tests may be administered if deemed necessary by the committee. Any contestant that fails to comply with such request will be dis qualified.
                          18. Any hunter trying to cheat in this contest will be automatically disqualified, forfeit their prize and will be banned from entering again.
                          19. By entering the contest, you have agreed to comply with the rules and the decisions made by the committee members. All decisions of the committee will be f inal.
                          20. Any pictures taken by scorers or contest committee or any pictures provided by the hunter may be used for advertising and promotion by contest host
                          21. Crossbows will be allowed for specified categories and must be presented for inspection when scoring in the animal with the judge.

Comment

Is this whitetail only?

Texas open division could include Mule deer? Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                              Is this whitetail only?

Texas open division could include Mule deer? Just wondering.

7. Deer must be a legal Whitetail buck harvested during legal seasons as defined by Texas Parks & Wildlife. County game laws must be followed.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                              X