Fish carcasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish carcasses?

What do y’all do with your carcasses after you fillet them? I used to just throw them in the pasture but my stupid mitts like to chew on and roll in the rotting carcasses. They’ll dig them up if they’re buried. I hate to throw them in the trash especially as it gets warmer. Ideas?

I drop them in the water after I clean them. It is cool watching the fish come up to eat them. They get used to nailing them at the cleaning station.

Comment

Throw in trash bag and then freeze tell trash day then throw in trash befor trash man comes..It usually takes me a couple weeks tell I rember ...no smell no fuss

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
        Throw in trash bag and then freeze tell trash day then throw in trash befor trash man comes..It usually takes me a couple weeks tell I rember ...no smell no fuss
        Winner winner chicken dinner

Comment

I may or may not have dumped them on my high school principal front porch all the time in the 90s...

Comment

Church Dumpster....LOL

Comment

Anyone put them in there garden? Indians use them for federalize for their corn.

Comment

Either in the water at the cleaning station or in the pond at home.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                  Anyone put them in there garden? Indians use them for federalize for their corn.
                  This. I rototill mine in. It might not work with your dogs. They might roll in it. It really produces very little odor. The results you get from your plants are very obvious.

Comment

I put several in my compost pile and let the chickens at it

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                      It's what I do as well. Glad I have a big freezer too.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                        I have tried this, but the fire ants found them and invaded the garden.

Comment

ballpark dumpster

Comment

Feed them to your chickens

Comment

Garden.

Freeze and toss in trash.

Or clean at the lake and be done when I get home and have time for cold beer! This is my favorite option!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X