Coyote facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coyote facts

I work with a old timer who swears coyotes don't kill fawns, " they eat rabbits and other stuff unless they are really really hungry " .
    I know he is completely wrong, and know the damage of coyotes.

Please find me a study of some facts or something done in texas so I can prove him wrong please... Geez... .

Here you go. Let him read this!

Comment

I have personally watched coyotes take fawns down.

Tell him to Google it. Many trail cam pics of coyotes taking fawns/deer down.

Here is a pic I have. Not clear evidence but explains why we went from 8 fawns to 5. Also had bobcats chasing yearlings less than a month ago.
      Attached Files

Comment

Absolute BS. I’ve personally seen them hunting/pushing single deer and heards. Nobody needs any data/reports to verify this.

Comment

He would happen to be leasing a place where no coyotes are allowed to be shot would he?

Comment

Good luck convincing an old timer he's wrong.

Comment

These have been going around the net. Not a fawn, but shows how yotes could step up their game when fawns and other vulnerable critters are not available.

output by Tony Pic, on Flickr

output(1) by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

I can remember for years for some reason the TPWD kept saying that coyotes did not kill deer.

Comment

Its very annoying... I have argued for months about this....

Comment

I guarantee you a coyote would rather eat a fawn than a rabbit. They have to chase rabbits. A fawn just laying there is way more food and way easier to catch. Coyotes are lazy they'd rather eat road kill than hunt.

Comment

A couple years ago sitting in the brush down south we were rattling. It was mid January but deer were still running does. Guess coyotes know sometimes bucks get hurt and worn out, we didn't rattle any bucks at that particular spot but 3 coyotes did come sneaking in.

Comment

Coyotes are vegans. So none of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                          A couple years ago sitting in the brush down south we were rattling. It was mid January but deer were still running does. Guess coyotes know sometimes bucks get hurt and worn out, we didn't rattle any bucks at that particular spot but 3 coyotes did come sneaking in.
                          I too have rattled in a coyote and saw a coyote come into a real buck fight.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
                            I can remember for years for some reason the TPWD kept saying that coyotes did not kill deer.
                            And these same state "biologists" also say that the Red Wolf is extinct.. LOL

And OP coyotes do kill fawns..
                            Last edited by PondPopper; 12-23-2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I saw yote stalking a doe and her two yearlings a while back as they fed on the edge of corn field which I plant as a food plot. He had the perfect wind and lots of cover as the edge of the corn field is lined with thick brush and spots of tall grass.

It was his last stalk ever!

Another time, I noticed several deer in an alert / alarmed stance all staring at the same brush line. There was a yote just at the edge of the brush. Didn't get the rifle up fast enough on that one or he would have also been dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X