Benbrook Lake 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benbrook Lake 2017-18

We just got notified that we were drawn again this year. Hope I learned a bit last year. Will be hunting the Richardson Ranch side again.

I forgot to sign up this year. Good luck

Comment

Hope i got drawn.. i havent been notified yet..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I got in. Hoping to knock off one of the bucks I saw during doe and spike only season last year

Comment

I got drawn this year. 2 years ago I saw deer every day. Didnt get drawn last year. Hope to capitalize this year!

Comment

I haven't been notified yet, but here's hoping there's a letter in the mail. I got drawn the first few years I put in, but last year was the first that I didn't get drawn. Good luck, guys!

Comment

I haven't been notified yet either. Is there anywhere you can check online or call up there? Or is that frowned upon by the staff?

Comment

good luck fellas! log those miles in.

Comment

I did my daily hike out there today (5.3 miles total). And found someone's game-cart with a ladder stand on it. And a game cam in a security box cabled to the tree over looking both the cart and some corn 5 yards away.

Comment

Hey. We were drawn for Nov 1 - 15. Any advise on where to hunt? It's my first time to be drawn out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wikid View Post
                      Hey. We were drawn for Nov 1 - 15. Any advise on where to hunt? It's my first time to be drawn out there.
                      PM sent on where to park and every possible location to shoot a good deer out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                        PM sent on where to park and every possible location to shoot a good deer out there.

Thanks for being so quick, Larry.

It looks like I haven't been a member long enough or had enough post counts to get any PMs. Any idea how to accelerate this?

Comment

Originally posted by Wikid View Post
                          Thanks for being so quick, Larry.

It looks like I haven't been a member long enough or had enough post counts to get any PMs. Any idea how to accelerate this?

You could become a supporting member to accelerate full forum privileges.

In this particular case I'm thinking you should give your sarcasm meter a whack. I think it should be buzzing right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
                            In this particular case I'm thinking you should give your sarcasm meter a whack. I think it should be buzzing right now.
                            Ding ding ding!

I was yanking your chain a little, Wikid. Guys work hard for years to find their areas. They almost never give up the goods on a public forum, and they would never do so for someone who asked for it on their very first post.

As for Benbrook...you entered the drawing and got drawn with no prior knowledge of the area? Your best bet is to use this season as a learning experience. Might be hard to scout this late in the game without bumping into hunters and messing up their hunts. It's a risk you really have no choice but to take. Just gotta get out there and check it out for yourself.

Comment

That place is loaded for dove the first two weeks of the season. But you got to know where to go. And how to hunt it.

It's also the first public lands I ever hunted, back in the early 1980s.

Edit: I take that back. Grapevine back in 1977.

Comment

Working...
                              X