No announcement yet.

How high in the air is your deer stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All our rifle stands are elevated but one and range from 12’ to 20’. All of our bow hunting is done from ground blinds.

Our neighbor has a 40’ tall blind built on top of 4 telephone poles...

Comment

Boxes, 5'

Tripods, 12-14'

Comment

Comment

Barely high enough. Probably 8'

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Bow blind is 2’ and gun blind is 4’. Only reason for elevation is because what I have to shoot over in my gun blind. Bow blind I like to be at least above I level.

Comment

Bow blind is on 5' platform, quad pods are 12/14', ladder stands are 14/15' and hang on's are 14/15'.

Comment

33 ft

Comment

At a minimum for rifle hunting I would be a scaffold high, that's 5' or 6'. Too low and the deer will bust you all day. It really depends on your terrain. At our place, they moved all the blinds to the ground because they got tired of the wind blowing them over. So, I really don't like ground blinds...I know that I miss seeing deer every hunt. I did see a post here this year about anchoring a blind. It was a great idea...topple a tree(Seder), erect your tower on top of the stump, then tie off to the stump.

Comment

Mines on a hill so I guess that counts maybe 20-30ft higher then feeder

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                      Barely high enough. Probably 8'

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      Pretty sure he was talking deer stands not duck blinds

Comment

4'

Comment

Back in PA and OH we hung our stands 15-20' and climbed about the same height in climbers. When I first moved out here I found it odd at first how low guys put stands. But I learned it's a little different style of hunting and I don't think think it's strange anymore.

Comment

The tallest we ever put into a tree at my fathers farm in Iowa was 27 ft. Wind=NOT FUN!

Comment

Originally posted by Youngblood View Post
                              8 foot down South.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Doug, you might want to anchor that line closer down the rebar at the ground. Had a guy on my lease do that. The cows rubbed on it and loosened it up enough that it went kaboom during a big wind.

Matt

Comment

My son hung a lock-on that was about 27 feet. I felt like I needed a parachute the first time I climbed into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X