Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that was a great thread

Comment

Awesome pics and story!! Conngrats on all of the awesome trophies!!

Comment

just re-read it awesome!

Comment

reread it still great

Comment

I can't believe I missed this thread. I am so glad someone asked about Africa and this thread link was posted today. I have spent the last couple hours reading it thru.
            What a great story. As others have mentioned, it kept me on the edge of my seat, literally. I found myself speeding up in the reading as your heartbeat sped up. And I slowed down as your heartbeat did as well. Kicked back some when you kicked back and watched or took photos. And right back on the edge of my seat when animals you wanted came in.
            I ofund myself telling the animals (out loud) turn, turn just a bit. Then some would turn and bolt and I would find myself thinking "it heard me!!!" I spoke to loud and I spooked it for you!!!!! I found myself with tears in my eyes with your Zebra and Kudu. The emotion you felt was truly felt and seen in your writing and the photos of you walking up to and touching these magnificent animals.
            The story and hunt would have been great in itself if it was only the lioness. And the porcupine..............very much an example of God having a sense of humor and imagination.
            I have wanted for so long to go to Africa. I would be completely satisfied with hunting wihth my camera. But now I have a real burning desire, as many here do since this adventure, to take my bow with me.
            Now that, is a testament to the great writing you did. Great photography for m you and Antoine. Amazing all the way around.
            Thank you for sharing this and putting us right there beside you. You are an amazing storyteller.
            Please share more hunts with us.
            Any mounts back yet?

Comment

DeadeyeDeb,

Thank you for the kind words. I enjoyed reading your post above.

In reference to your question, I just received notice today that they are ready for shipment. Their was a permit issue that has now been resolved. The porcupine has been mounted there and the rest will be done over here. It's been awhile since I've seen them all....... can't wait to take a look inside the crate....

Thanks Again!

Comment

Wow, what a hunt and story. I will have to save some $ and take a trip like this. Looking fwd to see the mounts when you get them done

Comment

I am on the edge of my seat with excitement..........

Comment

Fantastic recap and pictures ! Do you have the video up and posted ? would love to see that !

Comment

Originally posted by takoma View Post
                      Fantastic recap and pictures ! Do you have the video up and posted ? would love to see that !
                      Thanks, appreciate the kind words!!!!!

No, I'm a total slacker on the video....can't believe I haven't put it together yet. I've captured it from the camera, but just hadn't taken the time to work it up yet.....I'm going to seriously try to put something together one of these weekends very soon.

It's hard to believe it's already been close to a year and I haven't done it yet.....

Comment

hahah... No worries Michael. I know how time consuming the whole video edit process is. And with the amount of footage you must have.. good grief. However, when it comes to fruition, it's gonna be awesome to see those animals getting swacked !

Comment

awesome thread, congrats on a great trip!!

Comment

I only have one question:

How is this thread NOT a sticky?!

Wow - amazing post! Read it from post #1 through to post #762 and my blood is racing! Wonderfully written and beautiful pics!....WOW!

Thank you for sharing your incredible adventure!

Comment

Africa is great. Everyone should go if they can. Your story line is great.

Comment

Wow! I sure wish someone would have shown me this earlier......I found it this evening and have been reading it for a couple hours at least.
                                I am going to South Africa next summer so this was perfect for me right now. I'll be reviewing it over and over until I go.
                                If you get the video done, please let us know; I would certainly buy one. I have a couple from Dries Visser already.

Comment

Working...
                                X