Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get rid of stickers (north Texas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those were called Magnolia strawberries in the 60s

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
      What did you guys have success with pre-emergent wise and the schedule for application?
      x2

Comment

Run back and forth across the area barefoot and with shorts on. Collect all the seed like that, put it in a trashbag....I've killed them with roundup, and burned them up with fertilizer before.

Comment

I have been digging them for 2.5 years. I'm finally winning. But, I didn't have that many.

Comment

Corn gluten as pre-emergent. Don't know ratio though.

Comment

It's a constant battle. Image has helped. Pulling the old fashioned way has helped more! Seed heads can remain dormant from 7-10yrs.

Comment

NewsRadio 740 is Houston's Local and National News, Weather and Traffic radio station with political analysis from Michael Berry, Jimmy Barrett, Shara Fryer, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin and more!

Interesting enough, I just ran across this on facebook today.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                  Corn gluten as pre-emergent. Don't know ratio though.
                  Yep, put it down in Jan or Feb.
                  10 pounds per 1000sq. ft..

Comment

Baylan, surflan or treflan. Any of these preemergents but they need put out in January or February before the growth starts. Check with your local feed and fertilizer dealer.

Comment

Drag a tote sack behind your mower.

Comment

Well I appreciate the help looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me!!! I wonder how much them fellers at the corner of homedepot will charge me to start pulling stickers

Comment

I have them in my yard in Houston, and after it rains, they seem to grow and put out their 'burrs' so I walk around with a hoe and take care of them.

Comment

That sucks, I fought that battle in my last house and never really found the answer. I hated it because I don't like wearing shoes but I had to start wearing them living there.

Comment

One of our neighbors at the beach use to lay on his belly and scoot all over the yard pulling them. Hate those sand burs. Them and fire ants are a constant battle.

Comment

I haven't had much luck with Image. I've sprayed multiple times and they keep on keepin' on. I'll give the preemergents a try next winter....along with a tow sack.

Comment

Working...
                                X