No announcement yet.

Used auto purchase - Did not disclose wreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas is a "as is" state. Good luck.....

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
      Texas is a "as is" state. Good luck.....
      Yep ! Ask me I found out the hard way

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
        They bought it at action probably, did they tote the note for you classic scam by roadside dealers
        All car lots buy from the auction. How do you think you can buy a dodge at a Toyota dealership or so on????

Comment

Originally posted by Huggybear View Post
          All car lots buy from the auction. How do you think you can buy a dodge at a Toyota dealership or so on????

Most big boys don't buy from auction. If you buy a dodge at a Toyota dealer, chances are it's a trade in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Was it Earth Motor Cars by chance? They have a history of doing that crap. They even gave me a bogus Carfax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
              Most big boys don't buy from auction. If you buy a dodge at a Toyota dealer, chances are it's a trade in

Say what?? Not the big box dealers around here they get their used cars from trade ins and auctions both. If they don't have any trade ins that fit their sales demand they buy them at auction.

Comment

So what did we learn here fellers?

Carfax, Auto Check and all them others are completely B S!

Just like that Dealers Invoice they show you!

Comment

Had a friend buy a used truck and noticed a few days later the inspection sticker mileage was 25,000 miles more than the odometer read. He took it back to the dealer and they made it right with him.

Comment

I have run into several occasions where I found out that carfax wasn't accurate. I will use the carfax report as a preliminary method of decided if a vehicle is worth looking at, but I don't trust it in the least bit.

Comment

Unless the vehicle was totaled and has a reconditioned title and that wasn't disclosed..... You probably have a chance.
                      If the vehicle was just wrecked but not totaled you have zero chance of getting any money back.

Comment

Problem with carfax and the similar sites is that not everything is reported. Generally if you don't utilize your insurance to repair a vehicle, it isn't reported.

There may be other ways to keep it off a carfax, but I know that insurance claims put it on the vin

Comment

You will only have a legal case if the title is a salvage title that wasn't disclosed. Otherwise, if it wasn't on the carfax or DMV records, like others said, they can deny knowledge of any damage.

Comment

My bet is it wasn't totaled, therefore nothing to disclose. Frame repairs happen more than you think. As long as it wasn't too bad, a frame repair is no different than fixing a dent in a door, and no dealer is going to disclose a door dent.

Comment

How did you determine it was wrecked?

What proof do you have the salesman knew it was wrecked?

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post

Lmao! EVERY DEALER BUYS AT THE AUCTION.

Comment

Working...
                                X