Texans 1st Round Pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
    Mahomes is far from a 1st round prospect. He is just another TT qb product. Which is not a bad thing. Just not a NFL type past. Better get Robinson! That dude will be an All Pro for several years if he can stay healthy.
    JMO here.
    Go Cowboys lol! I'm moving to Victoria in June. Will this make me have to watch the Texans and be a fan ?

Mahomes is far from just abother TT QB. He is much bigger, 6'2, 230lbs, than any QB they have had and much more athletic. He also graded out at the combine as having the strongest arm in the draft this yr. Not saying he is going to be the next Brett Favre but he does have a different skill set than other TT QBs.

Comment

The Texans should get free agent RB Isaiah Crowell from the Browns!
      Get Kurt Cousins QB from The Redskins he's a free agent.
      Name one great college QB/ first round pick QB that is worth a hoot in the NFL today?
      Name one NFL top ten picks in the last 5 years that is still worth a hoot or that is not plagued with injuries?
      Look how well that NFL team in North Texas has done with Dak Prescott? That team would still be terrible if Tony Romo wouldn't have got hurt, **** it!
      The Patriots with Tom Brady.
      Both of these QBs were picked up in the 5th or 6th rounds.
      Last edited by texaspacker; 04-22-2017, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        I wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft. pole - way to many red flags

Kicked off Clemson FB team, threatened to shoot up bar with an AK47, photographed smoking dope, during HS football game runs onto field during a brawl, dude is always in the headlines for stupid stuff and character issues. Wasn't even invited to the NFL combine. Compound that with his recent injuries

IMO, Joshua Dobbs will be the best QB in this years draft. Graduated Deans List high honors in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, kid is never in trouble, a leader on and off the field , was named the Torchbearer award winner which is given yearly to a UT undergraduate who examplifies high moral character in the classroom and in community

One of only 4 QB's in SEC history to pass for 50 and run for 30 TD's - Tebow, Prescott, Manziel. Kid's a winner and the kind of player you want to represent your organization
        This 1000% I would hate for the Texans to get him. Dobbs I am ok with as long as it is in the 2nd round or later.

Comment

Originally posted by texaspacker View Post
          Name one great college QB/ first round pick QB that is worth a hoot in the NFL today?
          Name one NFL top ten picks in the last 5 years that is still worth a hoot or that is not plagued with injuries?
          Look how well that NFL team in North Texas has done with Dak Prescott? That team would still be terrible if Tony Romo wouldn't have got hurt, **** it!
          There's lots of guys taken in the top 10 that were great picks. There's always the 5, 6, 7th and undrafted guys that hit and get glory for it. The #1 guys are suppose to be great. Only one way to go when you're on the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
            Doesn't matter who the QB is if they don't fix their OL issues.

Agree 100% !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The O-line statements are very true. Getting our center back healthy and finding a replacement for Derek Newton is a must. I really think it's possible that the top 3 QB's are gone by 25 whether they deserve to be or not forcing them to take either Cam Robinson or Ramczyk from Wisconsin. I then think they will pick up someone like Webb from Cal, Peterman or Dobbs later in draft and just roll with Savage.

Comment

I don't think Cousins is a FA.

Comment

Cousins signed with the Redskins again....

But will Cousins be the Redskins' quarterback next season? The Redskins have until July 15 to hammer out a long-term deal

Comment

Texans take a punter.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      Texans take a timeout drink bringer outer chick.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                        I wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft. pole - way to many red flags

Kicked off Clemson FB team, threatened to shoot up bar with an AK47, photographed smoking dope, during HS football game runs onto field during a brawl, dude is always in the headlines for stupid stuff and character issues. Wasn't even invited to the NFL combine. Compound that with his recent injuries

IMO, Joshua Dobbs will be the best QB in this years draft. Graduated Deans List high honors in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, kid is never in trouble, a leader on and off the field , was named the Torchbearer award winner which is given yearly to a UT undergraduate who examplifies high moral character in the classroom and in community

One of only 4 QB's in SEC history to pass for 50 and run for 30 TD's - Tebow, Prescott, Manziel. Kid's a winner and the kind of player you want to represent your organization
                        Dobbs accuracy is horrible and Deans List ( congrats )...Fitzpatrick went to Harvard. High honors has never really translated to on field stardom.

Comment

Take the best player left on your draft board, regardless of position. The draft is such a crap shoot. How many times over the years have we all seen sure fire first round picks flame out and as much as anything, it can so often just come down to be on the right team at the right time.

Comment

Draft day!

Comment

Texans 1st Round Pick?

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              If Smith is involved.. it wont matter who it is ...or what it is... it will be a wasted effort

I think brow beating smith is a little much. He has the last 9 first round picks on the team and still contributing. Has he made mistakes yes, does he generally hit it out of the park on first round selections... yes!! Does he have trouble with mid round picks... yes!! Does he have a nice ability to find UDA's and guys off the street that contribute... yes!! (Bouyie, Foster, Damps, Manz, Simon) He does a lot we like and a lot we don't like but you can't argue that he has put a very talented team on the field these last 5+ years. Yes we are a QB away as are most teams in the NFL. If it were that easy everyone would have a Peyton manning or Brady on their team. In a lot of remocks on past drafts. Some of smiths late first round selections would actually be the number 1 overall pick. Deandre Hopkins has been mocked at 1 or 2 of his draft were it redone, JJ watt would have been a no doubter number 1 overall, the Clowney pick after last year has been justified... as well as finding amazing value with Duane Brown, Mercilus and Johnson. All of which would go higher in re mocks of their draft.

My take is they will pull the string on a qb if he is there and they love him. If not they go OT or DB. If they go that route maybe they trade up in the second for Kizer or take Petermen down the road. I think the staff is win now with Savage and company, while still keeping an eye on the future. The draft class for QB's looks more promising next year than this. I want Maholmes but won't be upset with Watson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Tshelly; 04-27-2017, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Watson is your most proven QB. Mahomes and Trubisky have a higher upside, but the QB class in general sucks. What Houston has failed to do is solidify their OL. This draft sucks for that as well, but with a sound defense, RB, and receiver core, who else do you draft? Lamp, Elflein, Feeney, Pocic, Ramcyzk, Bolles, Robinson, and Dawkins (maybe Moton) are your top OL guys. I would try to land two of them in rounds 1-3. It is also a deep CB class, so try to grab a replacement for Bouye in rounds 1-3. I'd wait on QB and maybe try to get Cousins or a FA in 2018. But still draft a QB in the 4th or later. Really need to solidify the OL. Savage is serviceable.

Comment

Working...
                                X