No announcement yet.

Barndo build, on a budget!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tile used for both the guest and master shower. Forgot to snap a pic of the walk in master.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1472494791593.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	24460082

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1472494803545.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	24460083

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1472494869548.jpg
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	24460084

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Attached Files
    Last edited by solocam_aggie; 08-29-2016, 12:19 PM.

Comment

We also had a visitor a few nights ago. I was up working late, and with no lighting yet, I was using a flash light. I walk into the kitchen area and this guy started buzzing at me. I don't know how close I got, but I made one giant leap the other way when I heard it. He must have crawled through the front door.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1472495075790.jpg
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	24460086

Comment

I get so agitated at all of my pictures being loaded sideways.

Comment

That would have resulted in several holes in that freshly painted sheetrock!

Comment

Looking great!!

Terrible first guest though, and rude to just barge in.

Comment

Updating the thread. We now have lights and AC in the house!! Really excited about this. My wife and I sat in the living room with a glass of wine marveling the fact that we didnt have to use a flash light haha! Also, the master shower is almost done now! Cabinets were delayed a little longer, but should come in this week. Soil test is now done, and we will be able to start septic soon.

Additionally, looks like we have something worked out with the builder on the metal building. We had some back and forths, and finally agreed upon a number that accounted for all the issues we had. My wife and I are looking forward to finally closing that book and moving on.

Comment

Master shower. Not bad for a barn!

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1473185701117.jpg
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	24460882

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                    We also had a visitor a few nights ago. I was up working late, and with no lighting yet, I was using a flash light. I walk into the kitchen area and this guy started buzzing at me. I don't know how close I got, but I made one giant leap the other way when I heard it. He must have crawled through the front door.
                    NO NO NO! Ok I fixed the pic but tell us how you handled the rattle bug? Is there additional holes in the foundation or walls? Please don't tell me you are a snake lover and gave him a pass?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                      NO NO NO! Ok I fixed the pic but tell us how you handled the rattle bug? Is there additional holes in the foundation or walls? Please don't tell me you are a snake lover and gave him a pass?
                      Haha! My initial thought was to start flailing a shovel until I was convinced he was dead. Then I thought about what a pain in the arse painting was, and quickly decided to take my chances with the snake. I stuck the shovel down, and after he struck it a couple times, pulled him from the wall and gave him the narrow edge of the shovels a few times.

Comment

Looking great, the house and not the snake.

Barndo living is great, especially when the appraiser does his review........of the outside!

Comment

Well we are trucking along now with the build. Custom pecan cabinets are all in. Tile is finished, and granite counter tops just now finished. Working on trim and hanging doors this weekend. Carpet comes September 28th, hopefully septic will be started soon. We are doing this ourselves, so should be interesting. All we have left now is the aforementioned, plus blow in insulation for the ceiling, faucets and trim, our false beam in the living room with wagon wheel chandelier, and minor finish out stuff. Hope to be moved in by October 15th!

Name:	20160916_103008.jpg
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	24461818

Name:	20160916_102959.jpg
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	24461819

Name:	20160916_102629.jpg
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	24461820

Name:	20160916_102250.jpg
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	24461821

Name:	20160916_102613.jpg
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	24461822

Name:	20160913_114133.jpg
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	24461823

Name:	20160913_114142.jpg
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	24461824

Name:	FB_IMG_1473428028486.jpg
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	24461825

Comment

Looks awesome!!

Comment

Looks great. Ive enjoyed this alot.

Was planning on starting the same build in a year or 2. But wife and i are leaning more toward a Metal building house and then the shop separate becasue its pretty clear the shop will be BIG for all my junk.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Working...
                                X