No announcement yet.

DIY New Mexico Gila Elk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good luck and thanks for taking us along!

Comment

Man I have so much to do before leaving tomorrow but the days are still dragging on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Well I am pretty much all packed up.. I will run to the house for lunch tomorrow and load the truck..

I have noticed one thing the last few years when I get ready to go, even on a short trip... It stresses me out. I feel guilty leaving my wife and kiddos for so many days. I told my little girl I was going hunting and she gave me the saddest look and started crying telling me not to go yesterday.. Its a tough thing. I also feel like I can never get all the crap done at work that I need to before I leave. However, everything always seems to work out.

I am not sure how long I will have service once I get into New Mexico but I will update while I can. I also have my delorme Inreach so I will txt some buddys who can update on here.

So here is the schedule
          Wednesday: Drive to El Paso
          Thursday: Meet Guide in Winston, Set up Camp, Scout
          Friday: Season Opens
          September 24 Season Closes.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
            Well I am pretty much all packed up.. I will run to the house for lunch tomorrow and load the truck..

I have noticed one thing the last few years when I get ready to go, even on a short trip... It stresses me out. I feel guilty leaving my wife and kiddos for so many days. I told my little girl I was going hunting and she gave me the saddest look and started crying telling me not to go yesterday.. Its a tough thing. I also feel like I can never get all the crap done at work that I need to before I leave. However, everything always seems to work out.

I am not sure how long I will have service once I get into New Mexico but I will update while I can. I also have my delorme Inreach so I will txt some buddys who can update on here.

So here is the schedule
            Wednesday: Drive to El Paso
            Thursday: Meet Guide in Winston, Set up Camp, Scout
            Friday: Season Opens
            September 24 Season Closes.

I feel your pain. I've deferred many hunts because it just didn't feel "right." In the next few years, though, my bride and I will be making up for "lost" time! . Good luck!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Good luck JT.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck, be safe.

Comment

Good luck amigo !! Do work !

Comment

Good luck and shoot straight

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Drive Safe and kill a big bull!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Best of luck. Just returned from Northern NM and they were getting fired up. Timing should be great

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Martin View Post
                              Best of luck. Just returned from Northern NM and they were getting fired up. Timing should be great

Awesome. That's good to hear. Talked to a few guys that hunted my unit the first hunt and it sounds like it was pretty tough. Hoping we hit the timing perfect and they are talking.

Comment

Safe Trip

Good Luck today! Have a great trip! We wish you the best of luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X