No announcement yet.

Calling all of Emmett's Prayer Warriors Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great report and will continue prayers..

Comment

Sounds like a great report, but still continuing the prayers for his complete recovery.

Comment

Thankful for the great news!

Comment

Awesome news. Thank you God! Amen

Comment

Awesome report!

Comment

Great news! Praise God!

Comment

Hoping for the best and you’ll be home Sunday

Comment

Great news

Comment

Emmett update. Day late again. I was working on an update last night when we got hit with some scary news.

Yesterday started on the highest of highs. The cardiologist entered that morning to go over things about Emmett, which included discharge instructions! The doctor rounding on the floor entered after that also giving discharge instructions. It was finally happening; we were headed home! As I get ready to start packing, Krystal mentioned that she thought Emmett felt warm, and decided to take his temp. That can't be right, call the nurse. He takes a rectal reading for a more accurate measurement...103. Concern immediately sets in as the Dr delivered what was already expected news, you're not going anywhere. Poor little guy then had to undergo a blood draw, which we hated for Emmett. He had endured enough pain.

Late last night the nurse came in with news that made my heart sink. She said labs came back positive for parainfluenza. I couldn't believe our little guy had the flu! Fear set in not only for Emmett, but for Emmie too. After a worried filled four hours, the doctor finally entered to speak with me. Parainfluenza is not the flu, just the medical term for what we commonly associate the "cold" with. You can all imagine the relief we felt upon hearing this.

This morning brought a continued fever, but low grade. Emmett was as happy as ever, and otherwise healthy. The doctor entered with a positive update for Emmett, and asked if we were ready to try this discharge thing again! We were shocked, as we figured we were there till the fever subsided. The doctor said that what they were going to treatment him with is no different than what we would back at home. This sleep deprived dad welcomed this news with open arms.

So with all of that said.... WE'RE HOME! It's hard to believe that a week ago today we were being admitted in preparation of one of the scariest moments of our lives. And now we're past it and home. We're so thankful God watched over our little miracle. We love you to pieces Emmett.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Our handsome little warrior.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Man! He looks so confident and happy! Congrats on the discharge papers. God is great!

Comment

Congratulations on
                          Getting the little man home

Comment

Congrats and prayers continued.

Comment

I think he is glad to be home.

Prayers continued.

Comment

Glad you all are home. He looks great. Continuing to pray for his quick recovery.

Comment

Working...
                                X