Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chambers bowhunting

I have trip planned to go there in a few weeks has anyone hunted there

Dustin will take great care of you. He's Mr Chambers grandson and pretty much runs the place. He put me on animals every sit during a 4 day hunt this past Nov. I either shot an animal or had shot opportunities I did not take every time on the stand. I did miss an axis doe but ended up shooting 3 pigs, an Aoudad and a spike WT for the freezer. I slept in my final morning because my coolers were full. It's not resort living conditions but a great blue collar bow hunters ranch. The animals are plentiful but you have to bring your bowhunting skills. It's a challenging hunt but with high shot opportunities if you listen to Dustin's advice and sit were he takes you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk spelling/grammar errors are likely to occur.

Comment

Giarcher, did you see any Red stag?

Comment

Chambers bowhunting

No Red Stag at Chambers. The only options are Axis and WT.

You can go after a couple Fallow bucks he has running around. He has an albino for $$$$. Dustin would be the guy for the current cost of that hunt.

Last edited by giarcher; 03-16-2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

I'm going in June. No Sika, Aoudad or Corsican? Hunted it about 10 years in a row but haven't been in a long time. Wanted to get my boy on some exotics.

Comment

Chambers bowhunting

Tons of Aoudad and rams of all types. One of the hunters in my group shot a very nice Texas Dall ram and the one youth hunter we had took a nice ram but I can't remember the species. He had a couple Sika running around but I would not say your luck will be high on Sika which is why I said Axis and WT are the only realistic options. Sorry to mislead anyone on exotics.
            Dustin will put your son on rams if that's what he's after.

Last edited by giarcher; 03-18-2017, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the update. As far as I'm concerned we could be hunting Mosquitos with slingshots and I would be happy. I get to spend some time with the boys. It's all good whether we get something or not.

Comment

You'll see plenty of animals and some great time with the boys. Enjoy the hunt!

Comment

I'll be up there this month April 13- 16. Plan on some video and picture action. We shall see what happens ! - c

Comment

Good luck on your hunt. Post up some video and pics when u can. Leave a few hogs for us

Comment

I got back 2 weeks ago and there were lots of hogs and turkey seen them on every hunt and also whitetail. We ended up with 3 pigs and two auldad. We had a great time but it was really green and axis were hard to hunt I did see one axis doe and a few fallow doe.

Comment

Originally posted by spike25 View Post
                        I got back 2 weeks ago and there were lots of hogs and turkey seen them on every hunt and also whitetail. We ended up with 3 pigs and two auldad. We had a great time but it was really green and axis were hard to hunt I did see one axis doe and a few fallow doe.
                        -- I'll be going up this thurs-sunday geared on calling in some toms. Where did you see the birds ? do you remember the stand locations ? Happen to learn of any roosting areas while out hunting ?
                        thanks - c

Comment

Seen the turkeys pretty much every stand but if you tell them that's what you want they will put you were they have seen them the most. Not rely sure we're the roost was because we seen them at the front and all threw out the ranch

Comment

Is this Maurice Chambers Grandson?

Comment

It is. Dustin will take care of you. He's one of the better ones ive had there.

Comment

Working...
                              X