Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
    I have a Pulsar Apex XQ38LRF on order now. I ordered a Pulsar Challenger NV that can mount behind a red dot or be handheld. I figure more than anything else I’ll use it watching stuff in the morning while sitting in the blind waiting on the sun to come up or walking in to the blind in the morning.
    FYI, unless you are buying the Apex XQ38LRF second hand, you won't be getting it any time soon. They were discontinued several months ago. There is however, going to be a new Trail XQ38LRF coming out in a few months. They were announced at SHOT Show a couple weeks ago but they aren't expected to ship for a couple more months. Not trying to get into your business, I just thought I'd throw that info out there.

- Jason

Comment

#diepiggydie It's the first Hog hunt of 2018. Big Boar down with a 165gr Federal Trophy Bonded Tip to the head in Navarro County w/ the POF P-308, Trijicon Snipe-IR and Dead Air Sandman L w/ Rifles Only Had Suppressor Cover. TNVC PVS-14 on a Wilcox mount and A Team Wendy ExFil helmet. Otte Gear for staying warm and dry. Third Coast Thermal provided the Snipe-IR.

Support our vendors on TBH. Jason at Outdoor Legacy has these if you have questions.

Comment

I run my REAP all the way to the back of my rail..Any reasons you mount it so much farther forward?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          I run my REAP all the way to the back of my rail..Any reasons you mount it so much farther forward?
          This is a Snipe-IR. It has a different ocular lens setup to allow it to function as a clip-on in front of a day optic

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Only Sean would post a rainbow picture in the NV Hunting thread.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
              Only Sean would post a rainbow picture in the NV Hunting thread.
              Lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
                Support our vendors on TBH. Jason at Outdoor Legacy has these if you have questions.

Thanks Sean. Hey I don't think you got a good shot on this one. Better shoot him again!

Great looking setup. I need to show my wife the picture of all your gear. She thinks I'm the only one who needs that much stuff to go hunting.lol

- Jason

Comment

Hog Drops With The New Flir PTS233

I've been using the new Flir Thermosight Pro PTS233 for the last 3 weeks now. Last week I posted a functionality review in this thread. In this video you'll get to see 3 different hog hunts with it and get to see it in action. Next week I'll post more. Some of you have asked about this scope because it's been pretty popular, mostly because of the price point. Please let me know if you have any questions about the scope. In the video, I have the scope mounted on a 223 using 62 grain ammo. There has been some feedback on how it performs on a .308 and I'm working on that..

Also, I posted a video 2 weeks ago of hog damage in my front yard. I haven't caught any hogs in my yard since, but all of the hogs taken in this video were dropped less than a hundred yards from my front door. I'm very sure that these are from the same group that wrecked my yard...

https://youtu.be/pfGKYbvxPAU

Comment

I’m really needing some kind of night hunting scope soon. I haven’t seen the front yard behind the camera yet so I can only imagine the damage they did this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

*****mmmm ^^ Where is that?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        *****mmmm ^^ Where is that?

Tenaha, TX.

Comment

Yes you do from the pics posted above!

That PTS233 is GOOD only if you consider the price. Buddy who is a Pulsar rep told me the are junk and only uses his REAP now. Funny how these pulsar guys post great reviews then use other products

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            Yes you do from the pics posted above!

That PTS233 is GOOD only if you consider the price. Buddy who is a Pulsar rep told me the are junk and only uses his REAP now. Funny how these pulsar guys post great reviews then use other products
                            I wouldn’t call the pulsars junk by any means. No doubt the Reap mk3 is superior though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                              I’m really needing some kind of night hunting scope soon. I haven’t seen the front yard behind the camera yet so I can only imagine the damage they did this weekend.

Yep. Look on the bright side. All ready for the spring food plots...

Comment

Night Vision hunting Thread

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                                Yep. Look on the bright side. All ready for the spring food plots...

Not exactly. It will take hours with a disc to smooth this out. I need to find one of those $300 Photon XT’s to use until my Photon comes in.

Comment

Working...
                                X