X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ttt

Comment

Travis another question for you...and a bump

what percentage pork / deer . I know it all personal preference... but will 60/40 deer be too lean ? or 50/50. or even 70/30 deer???

I will be adding Jap & Cheese.

Oh... do you know of local places to get the cheese? Local as in big stores... H.E.B, SAMs etc...

thanx,

Comment

David,

If you want local, get the extra sharp or long horn cheese. You cant find the high melt stuff at a grocery store. You may be able to pick it up at a small butcher or game processor and buy it off them though. There should be someone in Austin that sells it. Just look up game processors in Austin, TX

Comment

I called a meat market/ deer processor and ask them... they said ... shoot what we use in our sausage is shredded chedder.

The fancy HEB( central market) said they had lots of different cheeses. I'm thinking I just need to order some online and do this the next weekend.

thanx,

Comment

Wanted to say thanks for the recipes. Made my first batch yesterday, regular and jap/chedder, only thing I can say is excellent.

Comment

Sounds great

Comment

Help !!

Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but when trying to look at the recipes, microsoft works comes on and tells me I can't download them. We had recipes on old computer and really loved them.
                Thanks

Comment

Just finished stuffing 30 lbs worth of Jal/Cheese. Thanks for the recipes. I cooked some fresh and it was awesome. I can't wait to smoke the rest and taste the final product!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coldspring View Post
                    Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but when trying to look at the recipes, microsoft works comes on and tells me I can't download them. We had recipes on old computer and really loved them.
                    Thanks
                    Email me your email address and I'll email them straight to you.

Comment

Makes me hungry!

Comment

Bump for opening weekend!

Comment

sausage

very cool spreadsheet. i will be using this. Thank you.

Comment

Can you smoke sausage using a propane grill? And where can I grab some #1 or #2 cure at and what's the difference?

Comment

What is the best way to weigh ingredients on smaller batchs?

Comment

Originally posted by FireLt View Post
                                What is the best way to weigh ingredients on smaller batchs?
                                Get a small digital scale.

Comment

Working...
                                X