Fredericksburg on a budget?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
    Yeah, but then you don't get the joy of saying veinerrrr schnitzel!
    Or enjoying the Jäger sauce.

Comment

There was a deal on Groupon not to long ago for lodging. Wine tours are about $25-$30 per person. Then you pay $10-$15 per tasting. Grape Creek usually has a waiting list as well as Becker. Vineyards are everywhere.

Comment

For the camping-inclined, on a budget, there's no better deal than staying at Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park. Grab your tent and a ten dollar bill. Nice place too!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Gotcha! We just call that chicken fried.

It's pork!! Not beef!!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bumping this back up. We are going this weekend.

Lodging is secured, but I’m still looking for restaurant and winery recommendations.

Steakhouse and/or German food for dinner?

Tasting room recommendation?

Thanks all.

Comment

I’m from fred and it’s more and more expensive but
              Friedhelms is really good and most stuff on main is pretty good. Auslander is where I go quite a bit.

Comment

Call the Altdorf restraunt today and order a gallon of their Sangria to pick up while
                You are in town. Best Sangria ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Quanah11 View Post
                  I’m from fred and it’s more and more expensive but
                  Friedhelms is really good and most stuff on main is pretty good. Auslander is where I go quite a bit.
                  I second this

Comment

What if we aren't on a budget? My wife and I are trying to do a 25th anniversary trip down there sometime in the next couple of months. We have looked at some places like Hoffman Haus and the Herb Farm Cottages trying to get and open date that sincs up with one of the four day weekends that we can swing before the end of the year.

Any recommendations for a place? Any places that should be avoided?

Thanks!

Comment

Avoid downtown. It’s a freaking mad house down there. Lol. We will be there this weekend filling feeders.

Comment

Fred on a budget is an oxymoron... It is designed to suck money... I avoid the place, just not much there to interest me

Try to keep my wife away too

Comment

What do y’all think about Otto’s German bistro?

We got a good discount on lodging so I don’t want to cheap out on dinner.

Prices aren’t online. Are we talking average $20 per entree, or $50+?
                          Last edited by 30-30; 10-05-2018, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Try looking on AirBNB.com. Usually a lot of house available just depends on your budget.

Comment

Get German pancakes for breakfast at the Bakery. Plan on getting there early though, it gets crowded. Man them things are good.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                                Bumping this back up. We are going this weekend.

Lodging is secured, but I’m still looking for restaurant and winery recommendations.

Steakhouse and/or German food for dinner?

Tasting room recommendation?

Thanks all.
                                Crossroads Saloon & Steakhouse. It's pricey, but so is everything else. It's Oktoberfest this weekend, so go to Marktplatz and drink beer! I'll see you there

Comment

Working...
                                X